It’s that time of year again and your kiddos are going to be out of school soon and on winter break. Looking for a fun activity to keep them busy? Making your own playdoh is not only fun for kids but it also provides them some entertainment. Kids love to use their hands and this year it’s all about the sensory play.
What you will need –
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup salt
2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
8-10 drops pine essential oil
Green food color/gel (I used Wilton “leaf”)
1. Add the flour, salt and cream of tartar to a bowl and whisk until all of the ingredients are combined. Set aside.
2. Add the water, oil, green food coloring and pine essential oil to a large saucepan. Stir to combine.
3. Add the flour mixture to the saucepan and stir until most of the lumps from the flour have disappeared.
4. Stir continuously over medium heat until a stiff ball of dough forms and you can no longer stir the dough easily (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat.
5. Transfer the warm playdough to a level workspace and knead the dough for about 4-5 minutes or until soft and elastic. You will love the Christmas tree scent from the pine essential oil!
Your kids can spend hours with this pine-scented playdough making and decorating Christmas trees and holly. Use cookie cutters, pom poms, sequins, jewels, etc. The possibilities are endless!
This playdough will keep soft and elastic in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to 1 month.