This post is created in partnership with Momeez Choice™. All opinions are my own.
When my girls are sick, I know two things: I won’t be getting much sleep myself and I wish I would have prepared a little better ahead of time. Kids always seem to get sick when you’re least expecting it. There are a few simple ways that you can prepare ahead of time so that you’re not caught off guard when flu season hits.
5 Tips for Preparing Your Family for Flu Season
- Get Out and Play – Kids need to get outside and play and so do parents. So, we try to take walks, ride scooters and just get outside as a family to exercise. Knowing that will help keep us all happy and healthy.
- Prepare Ahead – We keep our favorite products stocked up at home. Lolleez and Tumeez are always under my cabinets for my kids. Especially for coughs Lolleez are something we always keep around at our home. I also stock up on tissues and hot tea this time of year
- Wash Your Hands – I try to keep hand washing fun by purchasing different kinds of hand soaps. My girls love fun smells and foam so to encourage hand washing we buy hand soaps I know my kids will want to use.
- An Apple A Day – I know my doctor always tell me this too but it really is true. The more fresh fruits and vegetables your kiddos have will help keep them healthy and happy. I’ll tell you exactly what I tell my girls, strong bodies are rich in nutrients that fuel your body and your brain.
- Know The Nurse Line – Many doctors offices have 24/7 nurse lines that can assist you even in the middle of the night. I have rushed my kiddo to the ER in the middle of the night worried about a fever that I later learned I could have treated myself at home. As a mom of three it was very helpful to call my doctor’s office nurse line and get advice any time of day and it’s saved me a lot of heartache and worry when my girls have been sick.
Last week my middle kiddo came home with quite the cough. It’s quickly spread around our house but the one product I always reach for is Lolleez. Made with organic ingredients I can feel great about as a mom. Lolleez is an organic soothing lollipop that is designed with a flat stick also making it safe for the whole family. The design is made to be safe for little ones and they are not a choking hazard. Which means you can safely sooth coughs for everyone in the family, including baby.
We always grab the variety pack that comes with the mango, strawberry and watermelon varieties there’s something for everyone in the family. Lolleez has new flavors as well and I have to say they’re all kid approved at our house!
While I rave about Lolleez I have to say when we got the stomach flu last year it was Tumeez that I turned to for our girls and they work. There’s nothing I want more as a parent than to make my child feel better when they are sick. I actually buy both products and keep them in our house because I know how well they work.
You can find Momeez Choice™ products at your local CVS, Target, Walgreens, Kroger as well as on Amazon. One of the best things as a parent is to be prepared and know how to help your child feel better.
How does your family prepare for flu season?