We are happy to partner with Discover Torrance on this post. All opinions are our own.
Living in California means that there really is so much to see and do right here. From beautiful beaches to the most incredible restaurants there’s something for everyone in the family. We are a very busy family and with our sports schedules and school there’s not a whole lot of extra time to get away. That’s why staycations are perfect for busy families like ours.
Torrance is centrally located between Orange County attractions and theme parks and Los Angeles. It’s know as the South Bay and after visiting the local beaches we know it’s a beautiful place to seat and explore as a family. So if you’re looking for someplace to come and stay we think Torrance has plenty to offer for everyone!
7 Things for Families To Do in Torrance
- Hit The Beach – Torrance State Beach has several lifeguards and easy parking. We brought scooters along and enjoyed the boardwalk as well.
- Good Eats All Around – There are so many incredible restaurants and breweries right in Torrance. King’s Hawaiian Bakery & Restaurant, Hakata Ikkousha Ramen, Local Kitchen Tavern , Madre! Oaxacan Restaurant and Mezcaleria, King Mediterrano are just to name a few! Torrance offers incredible cuisine and experiences around every corner!!
- Shop Till You Drop – The Del Amp Fashion Center is the third largest mall in America. It has over 200 stores and has a wide variety of dining options. We also took time to visit the Dave and Busters location here and it’s such a fun place for families to play some games and have some fun!
- Explore A Local Park – You have to visit Los Arboles Park better known as Rocket Ship Park. This 1960s playground has the most incredible views of the Los Angeles basin.
- Visit The Garden – We have girls who love to explore flowers and gardens. Visiting the South Coast Botanic Garden was at the top of our list and it didn’t disappoint. There were plenty pf places to run and explore for our little ones.
- Visit The Torrance Bakery – I have to say this will become your favorite breakfast spot. We even stopped in for some goods and took them to explore the botanic gardens. There’s not one bad thing on the menu!!
- Western Museum of Flight – I have to say visiting local museums is something we always enjoy doing together. In any family vacation I like to add in some learning experiences and at this museum you can learn all about Southern California’s aviation history.
We stayed for two nights in Torrance and I have to say it was just the perfect weekend getaway. There were several different hotel choices within the city of Torrance but we stayed at the Best Western Plus Avita Suites.
Our family suite had enough room for everyone and a little kitchenette with fridge and microwave. Perfect for family vacations and it had a nice couch and sitting area.
The room we had really was perfect for our family of five. We also had a delicious hot breakfast each morning with all we could eat before heading out to explore. I think the breakfast really does make this place a great place for families to stay!
Seasonally you can also find other fun for your family to enjoy. We also visited the Torrance Pumpkin Patch since it is right before Halloween. The Del Amo Fashion Center has so much to do seasonally. There’s something for the whole family including Christmas trees soon to come!
We found DiscoverTorrance.com to be the perfect resource during our stay. We found there are so many things to do and places to see, even locally! You can easily find a new local bakery or brewery. Did you know that Torrance is an up and coming area for local micro brews and DiscoverTorrance.com shares some of the best on their website.
We eded our trip with a trip to the South Coast Botanic Garden. It was the highlight of our trip to Torrance and place we plan on visiting again and again. Our youngest daughter said that it was a magical forest and I have to agree. It was so cute to see her so excited to explore and learn about all the plants in the garden.
We love to explore nature and spend time being active and we found there was a lot of activities in Torrance that were fun for the whole family.
Of course we also love the beach and my girls had so much fun on their scooters riding around on the boardwalk. We also hit the waves and noticed quite a few lifeguard towers making Torrance Beach a great beach to enjoy as a family.
You can learn more and plan your trip on DiscoverTorrance.com
Does your family like to go on weekend getaways?
The botanical garden sounds great and I love that shot of y’all in the rocket. Of course, the Torrance beach would be first on my list!