We are happy to partner with Vamousse and Mom Trends on this post. All opinions are our own.
Our girls are headed back to school this week and as we have prepared with new supplies and all the essentials. When my oldest daughter was in 4th grade we experienced our first case of head lice and since then it’s been seen around our schools pretty often here in Southern California. What I’ve learned is that it happens, it’s no big deal but it’s always best to be prepared ahead of time!
One thing I have learned about head lice is that it does not discriminate and having three girls I know what super lice is. Honestly I wish I would have been warned about lice and knew what to look for so I wanted to share 5 smile back to school tips for head lice.
- Inform Yourself – Know what lice are and what to look for. Learn what super lice are. Eggs are always close to the roots of the hair and you’ll need to make sure all the eggs are removed.
- Prevention is Key – Use a lice repellant like our favorite Vamousse Lice Repellant Leave-in Spray. There’s also a shampoo version which is great for added protection.
- Wear It Up – When I send our girls to school now I try make sure their hair is up worn lightly. Braids and buns are favorites of ours.
- Don’t Share When It Comes To Your Hair – This is especially important for my teenager and just reminding our girls not to share anything that is hair related.
- Find A Solution That Works – Should your child actually get lice find something that works. That will kill super lice. Vamousse Lice Treatment actually works.
Daily we use the Vamousse leave in spray when doing my daughters hair. I always spray their hair before school and it they think it smells nice. On top of it all Vamousse products are pesticide free.
It’s always nice knowing that our girls are prepared for back to school in all the ways. Having dealt with lice with my girls years ago it has allowed me to know how to prepare to stay lice free this back to school season.
Vamousse offers a full line of products to treat and defend against head lice infestations. You can learn more about Vamousse precuts on their website.
Have you ever had to deal with lice? Do you defend against lice?