As we get closer to Halloween the crafts we do with our kids can become a little more themed. I think kids really respond to these types of activities and making your own playdough is something our girls really enjoy doing.
INGREDIENTS FOR WHITE PLAYDOUGH
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup warm water
1 teaspoon coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
White food coloring
Marshmallow flavoring oil
DIRECTIONS FOR PLAYDOUGH
1. Add the flour, salt and cream of tartar to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
2. Pour the water into a medium saucepan. Add the oil, white food coloring and marshmallow oil to the water and stir well.
3. Pour the flour mixture into the water and whisk until there are no longer any lumps.
4. Place the saucepan on the stove top under medium heat. Stir constantly until a thick white lump of dough forms (about 1 1/2 minutes). Remove from heat.
5. Allow the white playdough to cool for 5 minutes before kneading it with your hands until it is soft and pliable.