Summer is here, and our kids are out of school. With little children around more often and not in a learning environment like school, it’s important to keep them busy honing their skills. Our youngest completed her first year of kindergarten and learned so much. Summer is always the time when kids lose their new skills, so we keep her busy.
One of the easiest ways to keep her learning is with printed materials and online printables. We keep our printer stocked with Boise POLARIS® Premium Multipurpose paper because its quality paper made here in the USA. Whether printing math sheets or elaborate coloring sheets, they always come out clear and crisp.
5 Simple Ideas to keep Small Children busy with paper
- Coloring Sheets– Easy to find with Internet search
- Math Facts– This site makes it easy to print fun printable math games and problems MathFactCafe
- Blank Faces– Easy resource here for blank face printable at GetColoringPages.com
- Shapes – Easy shapes can be drawn into so many things. Houses, toys, so many ideas, let them create
- Paper Toys – Like these Flextangles paper toysby Babble Babble Do
I love the ease of printables. It allows me to easily print at home and to switch it up. I can change what coloring sheets to what projects they are learning. Mia loves coloring and coloring is great for hand so many reasons.
Benefits of Coloring pages for kids include:
- Motor skill refinement – Staying in the lines and coloring in the whole shape. Also helps to develop the muscles needed for writing and drawing later in life.
- Creativity – Playing with colors and adding in whatever they can imagine. I know if I were to ever attempt home design, my color schemes would be boring. More coloring could have helped me! 🙂
- Hand to eye coordination – Holding the crayon properly and precision is important for education.
It’s important to foster children’s young talents so we create the best citizens and adults we can have. It’s important to teach kids all talents and skills, which will help them later in life. From being an interior designer to an engineer, knowing control and detail is important and can be taught at any age.
Our kids love coloring and learning, so Boise Paper products and our trusty Eco-Tank Printer keeps them busy and saves us money.
We also use Boise Paper products because we know it’s made locally and supports jobs here in the USA. We love to teach our kids not only to think about how things are made, but also where they come from. So many products these days come from overseas. From foods, to clothing, to paper products, most are not actually made in America.
While there is nothing wrong with imported goods, supporting local products that are made in the USA is great for our economy and nation. It also teaches our kids to be more efficient – win, win! The less things travel the better and while we can buy veggies here in our community from a local farmer, paper not so easy. So, knowing our paper is made here in the USA is great to help and support our fellow Americans and their jobs.
Our kids will one day grow up to take on their own lives and careers. We find it important to always be tuned in to what is going on everywhere in the country and even the world. It’s great to keep kids informed and learning about topics, even where and how things are made.
Happy summer and keep them kids busy learning! To learn more about Boise Paper, visit BePaperSmart.com.
How are you keeping your kids busy this summer learning?