This post is sponsored by our friends at Brother. All opinions are my own.
Our mornings are often quite busy and between three girls who all live with a small space it’s important that we stay organized. Having three girls with their own likes and dislikes means that I also have three different lunches to make for my kids each morning. We live in California and have to deal with the heat, so we always have to make sure that we have three lunches properly labeled as well as three water bottles. I do actually take the time to personalize their lunches by prepping their favorite fruits and veggies ahead of time.
5 Simple Lunch Box Hacks For Busy Moms
- Plan Ahead – I know I’m not good about packing lunches the night before so I try to actually prep fruits and vegetables ahead of time. Having strawberries that are already washed and prepped also make for easy after-school snacking.
- Only Use One Kind Of Lunch Box Container – My girls all like the bento style boxes. To keep storage easy I only use one kind that easily stack together for simple storage.
- Use Cookie Cutters For Fun Shapes – My girls love this and it makes an ordinary turkey and cheese sandwich extraordinary!
- Freeze The Juice Box – I always choose a low sugar juice box or use a small water bottle. Our kids here in California often have lunches that can become hot. So to avoid the hot lunch I freeze small juice boxes and water bottles. They help act as an ice pack.
- Get Organized – My kids are bad about losing things. I love using my P-touch Cube to easily create labels right from my kitchen counter as I make lunches.
Just this week I used my P-touch Cube with the P-touch Design&Print App via my phone. I can easily design and print my very own labels with different fonts and borders. I used mine to quickly make a label for my daughters’ lunch box and water bottle. What I like about the TZe tapes is just how durable they are. They easily stick to surfaces like lunch boxes and water bottles and stay on even through dishwasher uses.
Our kids have to have their lunches labeled with their names and classroom with room numbers. So in under a minute I was able to create the label and add it to her lunch box.
It’s really all about using things that make my life easier. While I’m not the most organized mom in the world I’m finding that my P-touch Cube is really useful. I’m finding so many ways to fit it into my life so it stays right on our counter. I can’t wait to use some of the other TZe tapes, like the berry pink and white text on clear for my next projects.
You can find P-touch Cube in stores and online.
Do you have any lunch hacks for busy moms like me?