Post sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.
Christmas Eve is always a big deal at our house. We love to get together as a family and there’s always a lot of people in the house. We eat a delicious dinner and there are plates and plates of cookies and treats all around. My kiddos will tell you Christmas Eve almost feels as magical as Christmas itself and it is! It’s that last exciting night that leads up to Christmas that seems to be the most magical for my kids.
Every Christmas Eve we have several traditions. We always have a special meal and the kiddos decorate cookies and do crafts. We also always get a brand new pair of pajamas and read The Night Before Christmas.
We have a big family and Christmas is a big deal for our family. Christmas Eve everyone comes from all around and we spend the day together. It can be rather chaotic and stressful for the adults. Luckily this year I’m helping my mom with Christmas and helping to keep things a little less stressful by shopping ahead of time at my local Walmart store.
7 Expert Tips For A Stress Free Christmas Eve
- Eat & Drink – It seems silly but start your day with a full breakfast. Be sure to keep water nearby for yourself, your kiddos and any guests. Staying hydrated will help you stay up for Santa.
- Get Outside – Christmas Even during the early afternoon we always try to get outside. Maybe we run a few last minute errands or just go outside to play in the snow.
- Watch Christmas Movies – One of the best ways to have a stress free Christmas Eve is to keep those kiddos busy. Christmas movies play all day on TV and they’re a great way to entertain your family. On Christmas Eve all the kids pile together at Grandma’s house movies are also a great way to get the kiddos to sleep.
- Celebrate Your family Traditions – We enjoy celebrating family traditions. New pjs, a Christmas book and cookies for Santa. These traditions bring joy to everyone on Christmas Eve.
- Baking & Crafts – Christmas Eve we always have Mexican food so I enjoy spending time helping cook in the kitchen. The kiddos like to decorate cookies while we make dinner.
- Look At The Santa Tracker Online – We love to do this on Christmas Eve and it serves as a question for the kiddos to get in the bath and get their new pjs on.
- Plan Ahead of Time – One thing I always do is prepare ahead of time making a list of everything we need for Christmas morning. Breakfast essentials, extra wrapping paper from Santa and of course loads of extra batteries for all the toys!
Shop & Save at Walmart
Right now you can shop at save at your local Walmart store. Plus you can get a $5 Walmart eGift Card with a $15 purchase of Energizer batteries when you use the Shopkick App. Then submit your receipt showing a $15 purchase, and then you are automatically entered win the value of their receipt (up to $500). Remember you can shop now to December 16th. Shop ahead of time in-store at Walmart to purchase Energizer batteries and earn Kicks on their Shopkick app! After easily finding the batteries right in the isle way near the toys. I was also able to shop for some last minute gifts. One of our other traditions besides opening new pajamas on Christmas Eve is that each kid gets a present. Luckily you can find all the hottest toys on sale at Walmart. Buying essentials like batteries ahead of time will be one of the easiest ways to stay stress free come Christmas morning. Plus I was able to easily find the toys my girls will be excited about right at Walmart. I like that I was able to easily find all the essentials my kids will enjoy plus was able to also brand something fun for my husband. He’s big into video games so I made sure to get extra batteries for all his toys too! 😀
You can shop your local Walmart today and get your very own $5 Walmart eGift Card with a $15 purchase of Energizer batteries with the Shopkick App. Remember you can shop now to December 16th.