This post was sponsored by Boys & Girls Clubs of America as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
With the holidays here and in full swing we’ve already had our first big break from school for the year. Here in Southern California it’s rather hot outside so we can only stay cooped up indoors for so long. I’m all about getting my girls outside to be active and have fun. We use the opportunity to play the park and enjoy the shade. I wnat to teach my girls to love the planet, take care of their bodies, and care for others. We do that in many ways like picking up trash when we see it and sharing positive messages. It’s all about keeping them busy but also helping to enrich their lives and create responsible citizens.
5 Activities To Keep Your Kids Active During School Breaks
- Play hide and seek – You have no idea how long my girls can play this game. It never gets old and is great for rainy days indoors too!
- Head to the park – Your local park has plenty to do. Bring a ball and get creative, our girls love to play games! We even like to bring chalk to draw.
- Make a healthy snack – My girls love to cook so getting them involved in snack time is a lot of fun. Plus they eat healthier foods when they’re involved in making them. Pack up those snacks and take them with you outdoors.
- Take a yoga class – My girls love things that we do together. Yoga classes are especially fun and they’re great for kids too.
- Teach your children something new – I just love this challenge like learn to play a new game like soccer or even learn to swing!
Whenever one of my girls say they want to learn something new I say lets do it. I want to inspire my girls that they can do anything they set their minds to. My eight year old has found that she loves yoga and acrobatics, she’s also really into tumbling. I love dance fitness and you’ll find me dancing in a class several times a week. It’s just about living a life you are passionate about. It’s about finding what you like to do and what brings you joy. It’s not only helped to build her strength but also her confidence. It’s also something she works on for free at home. She’s much more advanced at yoga than I am so it’s my daughter who is inspiring me. Many kids need places to go during these school breaks. The Boys & Girls Clubs provide safe, fun and affordable places for kids to go during out-of-school time to connect with caring, trained professionals and engage in enriching programs and activities. I like that with the Boys & Girls Clubs in partnership with Cocoa-Cola have the Triple Play Program. Where kids are learning not only about being active and healthy but that they have a bright future. They’re inspiring kids who need it most to achieve this through three pillars – academic success, good character & citizenship, and healthy lifestyles.
You can learn more about the program at the Boys & Girls Clubs of America Triple Play Website.