We were happy to partner with our friends at Conejo Valley, on this trip. All opinions are our own.
We love to travel as a family and there’s nothing better than making great memories with your family. This summer we didn’t get to do a whole lot of traveling with our move going on so it was really nice to get away on a staycation of sorts. Conejo Valley is located right past Thousand Oaks just outside of Los Angeles. It’s close to home yet feels so far away. We found out there was plenty of fun things to just for the perfect weekend getaway.
5 Things For Families To Do In Conejo Valley
- Visit The Ronald Reagan Library Simi Valley – We happened to also catch a very interesting Titanic exhibit but there’s a lot to see at this library. Even our kids learned a lot here and had fun.
- Hit The Beach – There’s so many incredible beaches right in Conejo Valley. A quick trip in the car will bring you to the most unique beaches in Southern California. Our girls feel like real life explorers finding caves in the cliffs and climbing through the rocks. Malibu is only miles away so there’s plenty of coastline to explore!
- Relax By The Pool – Our girls love to swim and so lounging by the pool is always a must. We stayed at the beautiful Sheraton Augora Hills and found the pool to be the perfect place to just enjoy the sun. Order room service or drinks by the fire pit outside after dark. The Sheraton Aurora Hills made it easy to relax during our stay and the breakfast buffet is the perfect place for families to start the day.
- Take A Hike – There’s many trails and hikes right in Conejo Valley. Here’s a list of trails in the area, it’s a must do before lunch. The Malibu Dunes are one of our favorite places to hike. Our kids can run up and down the dune and you can see for miles in either direction from the top. It really is one of the places we always stop at and a must see on your trip to Conejo Valley.
- Visit The Restaurants – Our family of five can work up quite the appetite so of course we had to visit the restaurants. We went to Grissini Ristorante Italiano located near our hotel for lunch and to Sabor Cocina Mexicana for dinner. The food in the area is unique and delicious and it’s a great place to explore. Find delicious dining options easily on the Conejo website.We really did have so much fun exploring all there is to do near Conejo Valley. I can easily see our family planning another trip. Some of our favorite moments from trips are the unexpected moments. The times where I see my girls help one another, or even just laughing at a funny moment during dinner.
Traveling as a family is all about living and being in the moment. Visiting Conejo Valley was a great way to start the end of our summer and the perfect way for our family to connect before we head back into the busy back to school season.
For more information or to plan your trip to Conejo Valley visit the website.