This post was sponsored by the Hass Avocado Board as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
In our family we can’t get enough of avocados. All year round here in Southern California you can find Hass Avocados and we enjoy using them in many different dishes. Did you know that avocados are also good for you.
5 Benefits To Eating Avocado
- Avocados make it easy for my kids to eat their fruits and get healthy unsaturated fats into their diets, which is great for their growing bodies and minds.
- Avocados contain naturally good monounsaturated fat and they are 100% cholesterol free.
- Avocados are a nutrient booster and allow your body to better absorb the other nutrient rich foods you consume.
- Avocados contain 20 minerals and nutrients to naturally give your body the nutrients it needs to stay healthy and strong.
- Avocados taste great and make for an easy summer party food to enjoy with friends and family.
Our family and friends love avocados as much as we do so we were so excited to share a little fun with our own avocado in home party. We also served one of our own favorite recipes along with some delicious recipes with Hass Avocados. Since we just moved and our summer has been so hectic we loved the idea of just getting everyone together for a summer pool party. Where we can enjoy our family by the pool and just have a little fun and delicious food.
VEGAN AVOCADO CEVICHE RECIPE
1 ripe, fresh Hass avocado*, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
1 cup cup cauliflower, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
1 Tbsp. jalapeno pepper, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. In a large bowl, combine avocado, cauliflower, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt and olive oil.
2. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with homemade pita chips or tortilla chips.
3. Some of our favorite ways to enjoy our avocado dishes is with tortillas chips and fresh veggies. I found it’s a delicious and fun way to get everyone eating their veggies and our friends really enjoyed discovering delicious new ways to use avocados in their recipes.
We also served delicious burgers that were topped with a chile poblano guacamole . You have got to try this burger recipe, it’s the most flavorful way to take your burgers up a notch and our new favorite for backyard BBQs. There’s just something so special about spending moments with your favorite enjoying delicious food. With our busy summer already we’re really looking forward to take more of these moments.
You can learn more and find more delicious avocado recipes on the Hass Avocado website.
Dandi D says
I just love avocados, so it’s nice to read all the benefits!
Terri Ramsey Beavers says
It looks like I need to learn to like avocado’s. I like them sliced in salads but that’s about the only way I’ll eat them.
That’s a fun way to use the cauliflower too. We slice avocados on sandwiches, and that’s my favorite way to eat them.
shelly peterson says
I love avocado’s. This recipe sounds really good.
Lisa Queen says
We love it on sandwiches. Love this recipe. Thanks!
Julie Wood says
I love avocados and they are so healthy and filling. I love avocados in guacamole, eating just by itself or having it on my whole wheat toast!
Yes, avocados are so good for you and have tons of nutritional value! Too bad I’m not the biggest fan, but will eat it in a salad and yours looks so yummy! Might have to try that!
You’ve won me over I’m going to try Avocados for the first time ever tonight thanks for sharing.
Autumn Reo says
Plus, they make the tastiest dips and additions to everything! We love avocados (and the kids do too)!
I love avocado on toast or as part of a sandwich. It tastes absolutely amazing.
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy avocado. I like to add it to my salads.
I like it on eggs, hamburgers and of course with chips.
I love all the great benefits of avocados. I actually love them myself. You can make so many great recipes with them too.
Amy Desrosiers says
I love avocados and try to eat them all the time! I love how they can be dressed up so many different ways!
Chelley @ A is For Adelaide says
Avocado is life. For real.
I love avocados. I actually just tasted my first avocado a few years ago. I had no ideas there were so many benefits to eating them!
Liz Mays says
This is great news! I’m really starting to get into avocados and it would be nice to work them into some more meals! Having some with chips and veggies sounds like a good idea.
My boyfriend is a huge avocado fan. I always thought it was nothing but loads of calories. It’s nice to know there are some benefits to eating it as well.
I honestly had no idea that avocados were fat free! I have not eaten them in quite a while, but I definitely think I need to add them to my list again. You have a lot of great benefits mentioned hear that I love.
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle says
I absolutely adore avocado. I eat it on or in anything that I can. It’s so good, and it’s super healthy. Love this!