I’m sharing CURAD® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™ #CURAD #SoothePlus
We’re right in the middle of summer and one of the things we love to do is enjoy the beach. Living in Orange County we have so many different beaches and wetlands to explore. One of the things my girls really love to do is climb the rocks and search for new creatures. There’s always so much to do and see when you’re close to the water so we enjoy spending time at our local beaches. Growing up in California some of my best summer memories were made at the beach so I always want my girls to spend time close to the water, plus they love to swim and ride the waves.
Whenever we are by the water we always want to be sure we are safe. It’s one of the most important things about spending time by the water.
5 Beach Safety Tips
- Be Sun Safe – Remember that you are in the sun. Apply sunscreen often and bring plenty of water.
- Be Aware of Flags – Know what the flags on the beach flags mean. There are flags you will see for places it is okay to swim in. You will also see colored flags. Red – beach is closed to the public. Yellow – caution, potential dangers. Green – waters are safe for swimming, no potential dangers spotted. Orange – no lifeguard on duty. Blue – dangers and hazards. Ask lifeguard for details. Blackball (black circle surrounded by a yellow background) – hard surfboards are not allowed in the break.
- Know The Universal Sign Of Distress – Lifeguards and beach goers should know that the sign of distress is someone with their hand straight up in the air. If you find yourself in distress try to raise your hand as high as you can so you can be seen. Also teach this to young swimmers.
- Be Aware of Rip Currents – Rip currents happen and you should know how to get out of one if you ever find yourself caught in one. Remember to stay calm. You will want to swim out of the current in a direction following the shoreline. Once out of the current swim at an angle back toward the shore.
- Carry A First Aid Kit – I always carry products from the CURAD SoothePlus™ product line in my first aid kit. Bandages are used the most so I always make sure I keep them stocked.
I always keep a first aid kit on hand for safety because it is our most used item that we pack. Our girls love to explore the tide pools and climb the rocks. We get our small scrapes and bruises every now and then so I rely on CURAD® to help my little ones feel better if they fall. Allowing my daughters to easily find relief is what basic first aid is all about. So they can get back to being great rock climbers on a mission to find new creatures. Or as we like call it……they’re busy making memories! From bandages and gauze to specialty first aid products, CURAD® enables you to provide your loved ones with the best care possible. Learn more about the brand on their Facebook & Twitter.