This water safety post was sponsored by SwimWays as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Our girls love to be in the water, and swimming at the pool is one of our favorite things about summer. Living in Southern California we have hot summers so we’ve always spent our summers close to the water. Our youngest started swimming lessons recently and our oldest is an experienced swimmer who is building endurance and technique with her strokes. So naturally our youngest has taken to the pool and it always help when you find something that can help your child be confidant and safe in the water.
With so much swimming happening this summer I just wanted to share a few tips for staying safe by the pool with your kiddos.
5 Tips For Pool Water Safety
- Find A Lifeguard – Always swim in designated areas with a lifeguard whenever possible.
- Buddy Up – Having three kids we always have them buddy up and swim together.
- Eliminate Distractions – With small children around the pool it is best for you as an adult supervising to avoid all distractions. That means putting away your smart devices while near the water.
- Protect Your Skin – It’s important to protect your eyes and your skin. Wearing sunglasses, sunhat and sunscreen during the hours you will be in the sun.
- Stay Prepared – Bring appropriate swimming equipment such as swimming aids like life vests from SwimWays and goggles. It is also important to keep a small first aid kit on hand and it’s something I always keep on hand with waterproof bandages.
Our youngest just loves the water and so we want to make sure she’s safe even though she’s a new swimmer and can swim on her own. Especially when we are on vacation at a pool we’ve typically had a busy day and I just want to be sure that she is safe. Practice water safety is important and we teach it to all our kids.
Since my girls hit the water we’ve used SwimWays products, and swim step two helps to provide support for new swimmers like our youngest. Swim Step 2 consists of two types of products the Swim Sweater which provides extra stability to explore the water with great confidence. It’s also easy to put on and take off and it has given our little one great confidence in the water.
The SwimVest – Perfect for Toddler Water Safety
The other product in the SwimWays Swim Step 2 category is the swim vest. With two sturdy foam inserts this vest is perfect for balanced flotation. This allows our daughter to roll over easily as she is learning in her water safety swim classes. It has tie closures on either side and stays put so you know your child is able to safely swim.
In swim classes our daughter has cleaned to roll to her side to breathe, this also helps prepare her for learning strokes. She’s also able to easily float on her back and continue to build the technique she is learning in swim class. When it comes to swimming Mia just wants to be like her big sister who’s got an extremely strong freestyle stroke. It’s safe to say though she’s well on her way to swimming on her own confidently. This summer it’s all about learning new things and still being safe especially when it comes to pool water safety.