This post was created in partnership with Ting Mobile, all opinions are our own.
A lot of parents want to give their kids their very first kids smart phones and that’s exactly what we did this year with our oldest daughter. On her birthday this year she got a brand new iPhone 7 Plus with Ting Mobile. We wanted a kids smart phone that would also allow us to save on our monthly cell phone bills.
We know that our girls will most likely be using their smart phones with wifi so I wanted a pay as you go plan. Ting Mobile is pay as you go plan but it’s different. You simply pay for what you use with Ting Mobile. If we are traveling I want to be able to get in touch with my daughter, or if she is away from our home. It’s good to know that she can stay connected without having to go over our budget.
5 Benefits To Having Kids Smart Phones
- You’re able to connect with your kids. Whether they’re at their friends house or an after school activity it’s nice that your kids can reach you at any time.
- Your kids are learning new skills. The future is technology so allowing your children to learn with learning apps is going to benefit them. It’s an entirely new way to learn so your kids will be excited and engaged.
- Your kids are able to take their own photos. Think of all the memories they will capture!
- Your kids can navigate places on their own. Since my husband taught our daughter to use the navigation she can get herself and her friends anywhere they need to go. This will become even more useful as she continues to get older.
- Make friends. Lets face it kids are using devices especially tweens and teens. It allows them to stay connected to their friends and make plans to get together easily. My kiddo has even helped her friends with homework over video chat.
There are many great benefits to allowing your kids to have smart phones but I also am on a budget. With Ting Mobile as her cell phone carrier I’m also not locked into a contract. She also has nationwide coverage so she can always stay connected to us when she’s away from home. I like that I can also easily see her cell phone usage and pay as we go.
Our daughter is excited because she can also have an iPhone 7 Plus with her Ting Mobile service. You can use any mobile device with Ting Mobile so it makes it ideal for our family budget. I like that you can just insert in the SIM Card and you’re almost ready to go.
Activating your cell phone service with Ting Mobile is also incredibly easy. Head to their website where you can activate your account and within minutes you’re all ready to go!
Our daughter was thrilled to get a new smart phone for her birthday. As she’s getting older it’s harder and harder to buy for her. It’s nice to have found a cell phone service that fits our families needs. You can learn more on the Ting Mobile website.