I’m sharing CURAD® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™ #CURAD #SoothePlus
One of the things we love to do is spend time outdoors. With summer officially here it’s time to get outside with your kids and adventure is out there. We enjoy family hiking as part of our family lifestyle and find it has many benefits. Not only are we allowed to spend quality time making memories with our girls but it’s also a great way to keep everyone active. A few weeks ago our family visited one of our favorite places in San Diego and went on a hike. The thing about kids hiking is that they can often get bored after several miles. It’s important to keep them having fun and engaged on the trail. We like to play several games and have found our kids love it and they stay engaged and excited.
5 Games to Play While Hiking with Kids
- Trailhead ABC’S – Our youngest is five and our oldest is twelve and all three of our girls find this game fun. Start with the letter A and the first person to find something with the letter A then moves on to the next letter.
- Family Photo Challenge – Have every member of the family use the camera to take photos. Get up close, and scenic photos and pick one winner for each category.
- Hide and Seek – Kids love a game of hide and seek and you can hide behind trees or bushes. Our kids love taking turns and finding one another. Set boundaries like only 5 steps form the trail for safety.
- Scavenger Hunt – Having a scavenger hunt is an ideal way to safely keep everyone entertained. With themes like finding shades of green, to finding a red flower or a heart shaped rock. Have fun with the hunt!
- Color The Trail – Have each child take turns finding different colors of the rainbow. Your kids will have an adventure and learn that the trail is actually a brightly colored place.
Here in SoCal we have so many places to explore. From our local beaches to our coastal mountains there’s so much to do with your family outdoors. While safety is always first we still want our girls to be adventurous out there and so every once in a while there’s a stumble with a skinned knee on the trail. With small children it’s important to always stay prepared. We pack a backpack with plenty of supplies like water, snacks and first aid products.
Staying prepared with the CURAD® SoothePlus™ product line it is infused with a natural soothing ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda. This innovative product from CURAD® allows me to provide the best care possible while we are outdoors. From bandages to gauze my first aid kit includes products from CURAD®. This allows our kiddos, if they should trip and skin their knees to feel better and get back to having fun on the trail. You never know what adventure awaits and our youngest just didn’t want to miss sliding down the rocks in the creek. The CURAD® SoothePlus™ product line allowed her to easily find relief and get back to the fun!