This is a sponsored post with Depend.
I never would have thought I could do The Rugged Maniac Race and in fact going into it I was a little nervous. In life there are so many obstacles you face and yet by literally facing the obstacles set in front of me at the Rugged Maniac race I learned a lot from participating in the race.
5 Lessons Learned From Completing The Rugged Maniac Race
- Be Prepared – It’s not a difficult race but you should know that there are obstacles you have to go over and under.
- Persistence Pays Off – The sacrifices are worth the outcome. Sometimes you have to step back and assess things then move forward.
- Fear Is Inevitable – Anything new is scary and so knowing that it’s okay to be fearful but you just have to push forward and go for it. You can’t allow fear to control your life.
- Don’t Give Up – It’s tempting to see a task in front of you and want to give up. Even if you fail you’ve learned a lesson from trying. I never want to have not tried my hardest.
- Own Your Greatness – No matter the challenges or obstacles in your help you have to own it. You can’t let anything stop you from living your life.
I was able to race on team Depend in the spirit of owning my greatness. I know that many people suffer from incontinence. It’s important to know that there are comfortable products like disposable underwear that can help you live your very best life. I’m all about not letting things hold me back and was excited to join team Depend for the race.
I also got to hang out at the Depend booth and talk to other race goers about Depend products. You can find more information and support for incontinence here.
The race itself was a lot of fun. You will find 25 obstacles that will all challenge and excite you. At the start of the race we got to jump over fire, I have to say this was one of my favorite moments. It’s one of those moments of fear but you just have to let go and go for it! You will also find other obstacles like The Crag which was a lot of fun. It’s the one obstacle that is sponsored by Depend and we worked as a team to conquer The Crag!
We ended the race as a team and it was not only fun but challenging. At first I thought 3 miles was no big deal but add in the obstacles and it’s the kind of weekend fun I like to have. As I follow my journey through fitness and health and I hope to be able to challenge myself more and own my greatness.
You can find out more about the Depend Silhouette Active Fit briefs on their website.