I am happy to partner with Pine Mountain as a brand ambassador. While I have been compensated for my time, all opinions are our own.
The weather has been really cold here in Southern California. We were up in the mountains where it snowed just this weekend so the one thing our girls wanted to do when we got home was sit and watch a movie by the fire. There’s something so wonderful about this time of year. That cozy feeling you get when you gather as a family by the fireplace, it’s those things that create lasting memories. Growing up in the mountains we got a lot of snow, so we would often have to rely on our fireplace when the electricity would go out.
Many people don’t know how important it is to make sure your fireplace is clean. Creosote is the film that builds up on the inside of your fireplace. Creosote can ignite and cause a fire in your chimney so it’s very important to make sure that your fireplace is properly cleaned. Our chimney has been cleaned by a professional but it is still important to us that we use a creosote buster, especially as we start to use our fireplace heavily. As we head into winter make sure your family is safe and warm with products from Pine Mountain. I like to keep an extra Pine Mountain Creosote Buster™ Firelog around to make sure that as we use our fireplace we are also using preventative measures to keep our family and our home safe.
I’d love to know some of the ways you prepare for winter and how your family stays prepared.
Find a retailer near you that carries Pine Mountain products on their website. Also get your exclusive coupon and save! You can also find Pine Mountain on Facebook and Youtube.
I miss having a fireplace. I never heard of t his product before, it is good to know about.
Kelly Hutchinson says
I wish we had a fireplace! This is especially true during the holidays. It would be so nice to have the family enjoying hot chocolate around the fireplace!
Christina Aliperti says
It’s important to get your fireplace ready for the season. I can’t wait to live in a house with a fireplace, it’s always been a dream of mine.
Did you say snow??? Brr. A good fireplace is the perfect remedy to cold weather. 🙂
I wish we had a fireplace! It is important to keep them clean.
I would love to use my fireplace. I haven’t because I’m always worried about if it’s clean and safe.
Seattle Travel Blogger says
This is a very cute picture.
The product itself sounds good.
Stefanie Fauquet says
Safety is always first when it comes to having a fireplace that you use often. Thanks for sharing this advice!
Sarah Bailey says
This is so important! So many people don’t realize that you have to clean out your chimney.
Ann Bacciaglia says
It is so important to maintain your fireplace. My house has one but it is not safe to use anymore. I have someone coming in the spring to make the repairs so I can use it next winter.
How I wish I have fireplace at home..Perfect place to stay for this season.. Nice idea.
Oh how I wish I had a fire place. Such great advice, I will pass along to my SIL who has a gorgeous fire place and I am sure will need to be getting it ready soon here!
This is great advice. My parents have a wood fireplace so I am going to pass this info along to them.
Toni | Boulder Locavore says
That’s a great tip! Need to get our fireplace ready for colder nights! Thanks for this! 😀
Oh I so wish we had a fire place here in NYC. I will keep this in mind when one day I will have my dream home!
Cassie Tucker says
Thanks for the friendly reminder! I’ve been counting the days until we get to use our fireplace, so I need to make sure it is ready to go.
Reesa Lewandowski says
I’ve always wanted a fireplace! What an important maintenance step!
Louise Bishop says
We stocked up on jugs of water just in case. We also just cleaned our fireplace!
We have an electric fireplace so we dont have to worry about keeping it clean. I wanted an actual fireplace for the longest time though and I still would like one.
I had no idea about Creosote. I would definitely use a creosote busting fire log as well!
Liz Mays says
Ah, this is good advice. We use our fireplace every evening when it’s cold out so we’ll have to keep it clean.
This is such an important thing to do when you have a fireplace. Creosote residue can be extremely dangerous.