This post was sponsored by COUNTRY Financial® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Lets be perfectly honest, kids aren’t usually dying to get their chores done. All too often I find myself asking for simple tasks to be done over and over again. That is until I found the COUNTRY Financial® ChorePal App. The ChorePal App has made chores exciting and fun and has allowed our girls to easily track the chores they complete and the rewards they earn all within the app.
Our tween is very responsible and likes to be given tasks but she’s just like every other kid and would rather do anything else besides do her chores. That’s why the ChorePal App has been very successful for her, she’s able to see her tasks and quickly be rewarded for doing them.
5 Ways to Motivate Kids to Do Chores
- Make your kids feel like they’re a part of something bigger than themselves. Telling them about responsibility and praising your children whenever you see them acting in a manner that is responsible.
- Make it fun! Kids love to play so make doing chores fun by pretending to be robots cleaning the living room or dance while cleaning the windows in the bathroom.
- Try to be less demanding. It’s not easy but using language that will help guide your children into their chores will help you both feel less stressed. Like a gentle reminder when it might be time to feed the family pet and it really does allow your children to feel independent.
- Look at your family as a team and allow your children to find their place with staying organized. Praise them for helping out the family and acknowledge when they need to do better. Staying organized will allow your children to complete chores in a timely manner.
- Use helpful tools whenever you can. Parenting can be rough so you have to pick your battles wherever you can. Using tools like the COUNTRY Financial® ChorePal App will help your children stay organized and on task as they work through their chores. This also allows them to earn rewards and easily track what needs to be completed.
One of the things our girls like most about the COUNTRY Financial® ChorePal App is that they can earn rewards and easily track their chores. I find they are more excited to get the chores done and they’re excited about earning points and badges within the app. Earn enough points and they’ll earn a reward. I like that I can easily set daily and weekly chores that need to be done.
Your family can get started today by downloading the ChorePal App.
What are some easy ways that you motivate your kids to do chores?