Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are always looking for easy meal ideas, not just during the week but for any night. Our kids are busy after school so we try to come up with things that are simple along with easy and, of course, we need to find something everyone likes. Depending on the night, time is also important so we need to find recipes that are quick, dinner in under 30 minutes quick.
That’s not always easy to do but we try to stick with themes and ideas we know that work. One kind of food we all like is Mexican inspired dishes. We headed out to WinCo with a mission to make a Rolled Pork Taco plate with beans and rice. Our protein of choice is easy to prepare Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork. Visit the Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork webpage for recipes and ideas to use with their 100% fresh pork cuts. These cuts are slow-marinated and seasoned for simple meal creation and cooking. With different flavors, they make it easy to use a marinated and tasty pork for dinner, real flavor, real fast. Different marinated flavors include:
* Hardwood Smoked Bacon & Cracked Black Pepper
* Applewood Smoked Bacon Marinated
* Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper
* Roasted Garlic & Herb
* & More Flavors! * Check Out WinCoFoods.com for a $1.50 off savings. Good through now until 10/15 and while supplies last.
Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is simple to cook because it’s already marinated and ready to go. Pork is meat that can be made in so many ways and on any occasion. Our kids love rolled tacos so we put it in our Mexican Restaurant style Rolled Pork Taco plate.
Homemade & Mexican Inspired Pork Rolled Tacos Recipe –
Ingredients include –
- Smithfield Marinated Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Pork Tenderloin
- Corn Tortillas
While I know this may seem too easy, the marinated Smithfield pork adds so much flavor especially when pan fried.
Now to make this Mexican Restaurant inspired plate, ingredients include and are optional:
* Sour Cream
* Refried Beans
* Yellow Rice
* Pan With 1/2 inch of Oil For Frying
I don’t think recipes have to be very hard to be great. This recipe is very easy and will feed your hungry kiddos in no time!
1. Start by getting your ingredients together. I used easy to make beans and rice and hand cut the rest of the veggies. Once the pork cooks easily on the grill, it comes together quickly and easily.
2. Start grilling the pork per instructions. I heated my grill to hot and cooked the pork tenderloin for 20-25 minutes after 20 minutes of hot change the temperature to preheat. Turn once during cooking, avoid opening lid.
3. Depending on what easy rice you use, make sure to cook for around 25 minutes. Just enough for pork to cook.
4. Cooking required minimal effort and it was easy.
5. Then slice the Smithfield Marinated Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Pork Tenderloin and make sure you have small pieces easy enough for rolling into tortillas. Roll them one time and be gentle as corn tortillas can crack easily.
6. Roll them up and place them gently into the pan of oil with the open side down.
7. Cook for several minutes on a medium-high heat. Be careful Oil is HOT!
8. Next get your beans cooked a few minutes prior to rolled tacos being complete
9. Simply plate it all on a bed of lettuce. I put my sides of refried beans and Mexican rice on each side and added salsa, sour cream and mashed avocado as toppings.
We like to serve with some rice, sour cream, and fresh avocado for dipping. It’s a great tasting meal that I know everyone will eat. Shopping at WinCo the price of this meal was super affordable, fed many people and was easy to prepare.
Smithfield Marinated 100% Fresh Pork is a delicious, easy meal solution that is perfect for any night of the week. It’s something that the family can help prepare and enjoy as a filling family meal.
Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork can be roasted, sautéed, and cooked in a crock pot. You can have dinner ready in 30 Minutes or less. You can learn more and find more meal inspirations on the Smithfield website. Check out Wincofoods.com for a $1.50 off Smithfield Pork coupon available until 10/15/2016 and while supplies last.