I always enjoy cooking and baking in the kitchen with my girls. There are so many great moments to make with my kids and holidays are a fun time to have a little extra fun with our favorite sugar cookie recipe.
These are perfect for decorating with your favorite icing and is soft for little hands.
Just add icing and then sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles!
- 1cup real butter (no substitutions!) at room temp
- 1cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 3cups flour, lightly spooned into measuring cups and leveled
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream butter and sugar until it is light and airy. Add in egg and extract and combine.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the butter mixture with the flour.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- When you’re ready to roll out dough lightly use flour.
- Bake at 350 for 9 minutes
This recipe is one of my favorites and you can make these for any holiday. Use a pumpkin cookie cutter and you have a Halloween sugar cookie that’s perfect for decorating with icing.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.