This post is sponsored by Autotrader; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. Dog car safety is important for all pets.
One of the best things we can do for our dogs is to take them on trip. While walks and runs are great, one thing my German Shepherd Bruno really loves is dog car exploring new places like most dogs. We have a nature area that I walk him to and let him run around but what makes him even more excited is grabbing his leash and walking towards the garage.
He knows he is getting to go in the car and taking a trip somewhere. Lucky for us it doesn’t take a long trip or somewhere fascinating for him to get super excited, it takes just a simple trip to an open field or dog park. He loves his car trips. We usually use our smaller car for our dog car because its easy for him to get in and out, but for our SUV its not so easy.
Autotrader has a list of 8 dog car pet-friendly auto accessories for cars and trucks. Some of my favorite Pet-friendly auto accessories include:
- Subaru Outback Compartment Separator/Dog Guard – Separates pets from jumping from rear to second row.
- WeatherTech PetSTEP Foldable Pet Ramp – Easy ramp to get dogs into cars. With my smaller car he can jump in easily.
- Pearl RearVision – Great back wide view camera for smartphone users. Great for cars with no back up cams.
- Great Day Hitch-Up Pet Step – Easy to use ramp that attaches to hitch for larger cars, and larger and/or older animals.
- 2016 Volvo XC90 (For many different years and XC models) Dog Gate/Load Liner – This neat setup for OEM dog safety equipment.
Just as important as making sure all dogs have a loving home is making sure we keeping them safe and busy. Dogs can sit around like any other pet, but they are at their best with exercise and activity. Our Bruno is a large dog and luckily has a decent sized back yard, but best loves walks and runs, and even more trips outside the neighborhood.
At places like dog parks or open fields he can get the chance to run till he can’t run any more, which is a lot of running. We even have a dog water park in my city that has pools and structures with water features for dogs to play in. For Bruno, he loves a strong hike.
For dog car travel its important to get them from point A to point B. Pet safety is important and pet-friendly dog cars are great for pets. There are a lot of pet-friendly auto dog car accessories to make any car fit for pet safety. Check out these “Safety Tips for Traveling with your Pet.”
Our advice when traveling with our pets include:
- Dogs secured with a dog harness in dog car seat.
- Water and portable bowl.
- Food for trip. No food or water prior to getting into car.
- Dog treats and toys.
- Towel for keeping keeping hair down and messes.
- Bags for potty breaks.
Dogs are great travel companions and help to keep an extra eye on things. We have great mountain trails and the area we live in.
Coming up on August 26th is the 12th annual National Dog Day. This day is to honor the pups we love and also to raise awareness for the vast number of dogs that need homes. Our older dog, who is less than 10lbs was adopted but even while traveling with him we think of pet safety. It is important when looking for a dog companion to check out shelters and programs looking to find dogs a home.
For those out there in their headquarters area of Atlanta, Georgia area. This August 26th Autotrader is hosting their own Autotrader’s National Dog Day #ParkandBark event. This even will be open to the public and free to attend.
Autotrader’s National Dog Day #ParkandBark event (click here for more info):
- CITY: Atlanta, GA
- DATE: August 26th from
- TIME: 5-8 pm
- WHERE: Historic Fourth Ward Park in Atlanta, Georgia.
Celebrate National Dog Day this August the 26th with you favorite pup. Encourage friends and family to help dogs who need home.