We love the ocean and while we don’t live within walking distance we still find our way for fun and exciting beach and ocean journeys. With southern California having so much to offen in terms of outdoor ocean activities, we love when we have the chance to hop on an ocean going vessel for a trip to Catalina Island or the Channel Island National Park off the Venture County coast.
While we have never been worried and are confident in our rescue services available Disney presents THE FINEST HOURS a real story about an epic rescue involving the ocean. While we have always had less then 2 hour trips and have been on giant ships in easy waters, this tale is about a small-boat rescue. The Coast Guard saves the day and this goes down in history.
The Finest Hours is based on the non-fiction book by Casey Sherman and Michael J. Tougias about 30 sailors on an oil rig that gets ripped in half and is saved by a 12 seat Coast Guard rescue boat.
Stars include Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films), Academy Award® and Golden Globe® nominee Casey Affleck (“Interstellar”), Ben Foster (“3:10 to Yuma”) and Eric Bana (“Lone Survivor”),
The Finest Hours is available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere. Included is also an all-new documentary “Against All Odds: The Bernie Webber Story,” where the actual residents of Chatham share their personal tales of the events of that horrifying day. Also included is four making-of featurettes sharing cast members and U.S. Coast Guard service members experiences along with two never-before-shared Deleted Scenes.
Directed by Craig Gillespie (“Million Dollar Arm”), “THE FINEST HOURS” stars Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films); Academy Award® and Golden Globe® nominee Casey Affleck (“Interstellar”); Ben Foster (“3:10 to Yuma”); Holliday Grainger (“Cinderella”); John Ortiz (“Silver Linings Playbook”); and Eric Bana (“Lone Survivor”). The film is produced by Jim Whitaker (“Cinderella Man”) and Dorothy Aufiero (“The Fighter”), the screenplay is by Oscar® nominee Scott Silver (“8 Mile”) and Oscar nominees Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson (“The Fighter”) based on the acclaimed non-fiction book of the same name by Casey Sherman and Michael J. Tougias. Doug Merrifield (the “Pirates of the Caribbean” films) serves as executive producer.
Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital HD, Digital SD, Disney Movies Anywhere
- Against All Odds: The Bernie Webber Story – Visit the quaint and close-knit town of Chatham, and experience the events surrounding the most heroic Coast Guard rescue ever through the eyes of the people who witnessed them.
- BROTHERHOOD – Cast members reflect on the bonds they forged during the shoot.
- TWO CREWS – Chris Pine and Casey Affleck share insights into Bernie Webber and Ray Sybert, men who led their respective crews against all odds.
- WHAT IS YOUR FINEST HOUR? – A Coast Guard member recounts an incredible rescue.
- THE FINEST INSPIRATION: THE U.S. COAST GUARD Meet the people who put their lives on the line for others.
- DELETED SCENES:
- THE FINEST INSPIRATION: THE U.S. COAST GUARD
We were provided with a review unit.