It’s finally spring which means I get to spend more and more time running outside. Don’t get me wrong you won’t see me skipping my favorite class at the gym anytime soon but it’s nice to get outside. A lot of moms tell me they just don’t have time for workouts and they just haven’t found the right gym but I’m motivating myself to find less excuses and easier ways to stay motivated. I’ll be running my next half marathon in just over a month and training for a big run like that can take a lot of time. It’s important to have fun and stay motivated.
Five Simple Tips to Stay Motivated to Workout
- Rise & Shine – Wake up an hour early, it may be hard to do but at the end of the day when you’re really tired you’ll have a much easier time already having your workouts done for the day.
- Lazy Days – We all have those days when we miss morning workouts so you let yourself slide for the day. Instead have another plan, take your dog on a long walk, spend some time doing heavy cleaning. Also remember the easy workouts you can do, play a game with your kids, do wall sits, lunges and other simple excercises. Be sure to plan for lazy days and get active each and every day.
- Make It Cost You – Sign up for a gym or class that will cost you money. You’ll be less likely to skip out on that spin class if your wallet feels the damage.
- Make It Fun – The one thing I always say is keep it simple and make it fun. Update your playlist, buy yourself those yoga pants you’ve been wanting for class. Motivate yourself with simple rewards and put them to use.
- Eat Well – Eating well is something you have to constantly put effort in to. Find simple ways to make meal planning easy, Healthy Choice Simply Café Steamers are a simple way to get protein that your body needs. Even better is that they are less than 310 calories and more than 18 grams of 100-percent natural protein.
Eating well is one of the biggest things I have learned over the last year. Eating to fuel my body and my workouts is my goal, just an overall healthy lifestyle is important to me. Having adequate protein is key when you live an active lifestyle so it’s nice to find something that is easy to make and tastes great.It’s simple to make too so it fits with my busy schedule. Just heat and go!
Unlike other frozen meals, Healthy Choice Café Steamers’ feature a unique tray-in-tray steam cooking method that delivers fresh-tasting meals with crisp vegetables and chicken. It also allows you to mix it yourself so you can add as little or as much sauce as you like. What I like about Healthy Choice Simply Café Steamers in a variety of delicious flavors, such as Meatball Marinara, Chicken Fried Rice, Grilled Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo, Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry and Grilled Pesto & Vegetables. They really taste great and are a simple way to ensure that you’re keeping with a healthy meal plan. You can find these in stores nationwide right in your local grocers freezer isle. Visit www.facebook.com/healthychoice or www.HealthyChoice.com to learn more.
How are you keeping your healthy meal plan on track?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.