The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
One thing that we all use in our home is our wireless tech. We have high speed internet and use the Netgear® Nighthawk DST AC1900 Wireless Gigabit Router for all our wireless needs. From home computers, smartphones, tablets, video game systems and anything that is Wi-Fi, having high speed reliable wireless capabilities are important part for any modern home. With a powerful router we can take advantage of all the data rate and speed we pay for. With multiple devices being used it is also important to have the best connection and speeds possible.
With 3 kids and pets it is also important to keep an eye on them and the pets when away from home. With the Netgear® – Arlo Smart Home Indoor/Outdoor Wireless High-Definition Security Cameras we can easily keep an eye on our house on the road, even out of the state or country. With All cameras being wireless I can mount and move them as needed. Setup was simple as placing the 720p HD cameras where I want them and setting up the camera base to my router, all easily done with the provided software and instructions. We can add in more cameras and storage depending on our needs. There are different plans that include hosting more cameras and even bases to extend a system to cover a large property or building. Extra Arlo cameras can be purchased and added to the system.
What is great about Netgear® Arlo is the app use and ability to connect multiple cameras. The app is accessible anywhere and views all cameras with a simple tap. I can adjust the resolution, set the sensitivity, recording length and more. Arlo also uses cloud storage allowing me to view different capture videos on previous days.
Having wireless cameras serve different purposes but for us they give a peace of mind. We can keep an eye on our home while out, and because they are weather resistant, we can also keep any eye on the property around our home. With the motion sensing capability and features to set the video, quality, length sensitivity, don’t ever miss what is going on again.
We use our garage a lot, so having one on the front door and front of the house lets us see anyone that visits our front yard and door, which is good to know about package deliveries and guests.
Even at work, see what is going on and know when deliveries happen.
The Netgear® Arlo system is available in a 4 camera system only available at Best Buy. Extra cameras can be purchased and added into the system.
Netgear® Arlo features:
- Downloadable app allows for easy to view live video from any compatible Android, Apple® iOS, Amazon Kindle, Windows or Mac device. Great for keeping an eye on home, property, business, etc. Setup and adding new cameras is super easy
- Wireless for free use inside and outside. Also weatherproof and work in temperatures ranging from 14° to 122°.
- Records up to 720p video footage during the day and at night.
- 130° field of view with motion-activation that record motion once detected. Can be set to send e-mails or app notifications.
- Easy installation on any flat surface
- Works with other Netgear® products and we get full property signal anywhere in the USA with our Netgear® Nighthawk router.
Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter
- The AC1900 comes with one DST (Dead Spot Terminator) adapter that can be placed in a dead zone in a home or business. Place it in any area that gets a weak or no Wi-Fi signal to increase your home network. Purchase additional adapters for other dead zones.
- We use our home network for everything to gaming, video streaming, and the Nighthawk router supports 10+ connected devices with the ability to prioritize devices for lag-free gaming and viewing.
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports for Network storage, sharing, backup and more.
- Best Buy and their Geek Squad make setup and installation easy for this high performance Wi-Fi router and Wi-Fi extender. Also provided is Geek Squad Set Up and Support via phone & web for a whole year. Call or get help 24/7, no setting appointments waiting till hours are open.
The Netgear® Netgear® Arlo systemand DST Adapter was developed between Netgear® and Best Buy for an easy, all-in-one solution to the best and fastest home network. Many homes have a range of devices connected to a home network – the average US household has 7 “connected devices” – creating what we all know as lag and even disconnections. We have several smart phones, tablets, a laptop, iMac and Windows PC, video game systems, a Wi-Fi printer, our Netgear® Arlo cameras, having a reliable network is important. Using the Nighthawk with all these connections, we have never had any problems with connections. We use a Windows PC and iMac in our home office and our kids use tablets, video game systems and connecting is simple. Also included with the router is Netgear® Genie, which is a suite of router tools to let you know everything going on simple and easily and adjust features.
The Netgear® Nighthawk DST Router and Arlo wireless security camera system is awesome. I get instant video while gone and at home we have no lag of any kind. From watching videos, to streaming videos, gaming, sending files, we have no issues what so ever. We upgraded from a previous Netgear® router a few years old and with the changing tech and data speeds, this new Nighthawk router increased our speed.
In Fact, the router not only handles everything we connect, which includes family when they come to visit, and our family always has some tech of their own, our whole home network is faster with this router over our several year-old Netgear® router which at the time was as fast was available to the market for the most part.
I have yet to upgrade to a new 4K TV yet, but when I do HD gaming will not be a problem or adding any other new modern devices. For those with video services like Netflix, hulu, and other video on demand, lag will make viewing any movie or streaming show a pain. And if the problem is make distance or Wi-Fi strength, the DST adapter will extend out the Netgear® Nighthawk signal to cover a fairly large home. This is great for enjoying these upcoming spring days, get outside and enjoy the weather and nature while being connected.
Best Buy make setup even easier and will email that day with set up instructions along with setup info included on and in the box. Find of info and tips at http://www.geeksquad.com/tech-tips/netgear-nighthawk.