With the New Year here, we are make resolutions to better the environment we want to enjoy for decades and the next century for the kid’s kids. It is becoming essential that we make the efforts to protect what is depleting and starting with ourselves and our homes is one of the best starts. We are happy to partner with Seventh Generation® as a brand ambassador for 2015 and have enjoyed being able to team up with a brand that really makes a difference. Over the last year we have used many of the Seventh Generation products dramatically changing how much our family consumes and vowing to continue to do better by our planet. I have learned that Seventh Generation Free & Clear laundry detergent is a product that we use because it is tough on stains, but gentle on even the most sensitive skin. Seventh Generation Dish Liquid is a powerful formula that cuts through grease and stuck-on foods yet is gentle and safe when little hands pitch in to help.
I learned to let go and allow little hands to help around the house with Seventh Generation All Purpose Natural Cleaner is the cleaner that will help you take care of your whole house. Kitchen, windows, appliances, bathroom and so much more. Plus flu and cold season would not be complete without Seventh Generation hand wash. We would have never gotten through potty training earlier this year without Seventh Generation either. So when I look back on the products we’ve used this last year to life a happier and healthier life Seventh Generation was always there.
Here is a list of 10 Green and Environmentally Focused New Year’s Resolutions that can be used each or all together. Looking for some ideas, check these out:
- Switch to a bio based hand wash like Seventh Generation Hand Wash. Reducing what goes into our drains and ultimately our oceans are super important for 2016.
- Get out and enjoy nature more. Feeling bored? Instead of waste electricity of consuming, go for a walk and enjoy nature. Uses no resources and even contributes the environment, our exhalation is what plants and trees need to breath.
- Try to recycle as much as possible. Most cities at least recycle paper, cans, glass and some plastic containers. Recycle everything you can.
- Use reusable bottles for water and drinks on the go. People would be amazed at how many plastic bottles are used every day.
- Bring your own bags to the grocery store. Plastic bags create a lot of waste to be made and are not easily recyclable. Using reusable bags is easy to end plastic bag waste.
- Carpool. Find a friend and pick them up for work or maybe carpool kids for activities, etc. Saves time, money, and keeps cars off the road.
- Air dry your clothing. Install a hanger bar in your laundry room and hang dry clothing instead of drying them. Clothes last longer and the electricity or natural gas bill comes down!
- Make the lightbulb switch to LED or CFL. The costs are more than worth it, and now proven. I made the switch years ago to CFL and would like to go LED, but my bulbs are still going. Maybe one day.
- Turn off lights not in use. With 3 kids, I find myself doing rounds to make sure lights not in use are off. Setting timers are also handy because then lights turn on for evening use and off by themselves.
- Soak dishes and air dry. We also like to use Seventh Generation Dish Soap liquid.
We have made some serious changes starting with our home cleaning products. We like that Seventh Generation is USDA certified bio based with products being 97% biobased. We have always been eco-conscious and the more we see the environment needing help, we are starting in many ways, one including what we let go down the drain.
Have you ever made a New Year’s resolution that include Eco-friendly ideas or action?
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.