This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of DPSG. The opinions and text are all mine.
When I think of being present with my children it’s a feeling of knowing that I am truly connected with them. All too often as parents we can get so busy with day to day life and especially our digital life. It’s important that children feel their parents are present and finding that calm can truly bring your family happiness.
Finding calm as a parent can be especially difficult, I know the days when my three year old isn’t happy with any of my efforts I can especially feel discouraged. Lets face it life with three kids can be challenging but there’s some simple tips you can remember to bring your calm into any situation as a parent.
- Being Present – Kids know when you pretend to be present. Why not turn down the radio and stay off your devices and use car rides as a time to connect. I’ve challenged my own family to do this and not only are our children connecting with us but they’re also connecting with the world around them by noticing.
- Give Your Kids Space – Allow your children to get bored and give them space to be creative. It’s okay to plan nothing and let them just play.
- Breathe – Take a deep breath, go for a run or to a yoga class. Find some time to just breathe, because a healthy mom is a happy mom too!
- Stay Organized – I’ve learned this lesson the hard way, your entire house will run smoothly if you’re organized and ready to go. You’re also teaching your children to learn these skills which will be helpful once they have to organize their classwork in college themselves.
- Take A Me-Time MOMent – That’s right, take time for yourself. Enjoy something that makes you happy, a glass of tea and your favorite salad midday.
One of my favorite things to enjoy and keep me calm is tea. We don’t drink a lot of sugary drinks so Snapple®Straight Up Tea™ is one of those delicious things that allow me to take a few moments for myself.
As a vegetarian I like creating flavorful salads. One of the best times to do that is while our kids are in school. Morning are a rush to get off to school and then I workout and go to work. Afternoons it’s time for fuel and one of the things I really enjoy is tea.
With Snapple®Straight Up Tea™ you can choose from any of the levels of sweetness— Unsweetened with 0 calories, Sorta Sweet with 90 calories and Sweet with 180 calories. You can find the products at your local STOP & SHOP or Giant stores.
What’s your favorite tips on staying calm as a parent?