This is a sponsored post with HelloFresh through The Motherhood.
We recently had the chance to try out HelloFresh, a unique meal service that sends you everything you need to make three delicious meals right at home. Right away I liked that the HelloFresh meals were packed full of flavor and quite unique. Many of the dishes are ones I wouldn’t try myself so it was nice to get to explore new flavors.
One thing I can always count on our entire family to like is Mexican food so I was happy to see some flavorful options for our family to enjoy.
Smoky Black Bean and Caramelized Sweet Potato Tacos with Blistered Corn and Avocado-Lime Crema
- Sweet Potato
- Black Beans
- Chili Flakes
- Garlic Corn
- Corn Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dice the sweet potato into ½-inch cubes. Toss the sweet potato on a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place baking sheet in the oven to roast for 20-25 minutes, until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel, and dice the onion. Pick the cilantro leaves off the stems. Cut the corn kernels off the cob. Mince or grate the garlic. Zest and halve the lime. Drain and rinse the black beans. Set half the beans aside for another day!
- Start making the sweet potato filling: heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, tossing, for 5-6 minutes, until softened and slightly caramelized. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic, black beans, and corn to the pan and cook, tossing, another 3-4 minutes.
Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and place in the oven to warm for 5 minutes.
- Finish the sweet potato filling: add the roasted sweet potatoes, honey, cumin, chili flakes (to taste), and the juice of half a lime to the pan and cook, tossing, 2-3 minutes to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the avocado-lime crema: halve and pit the avocado. Thinly slice half the avocado and set aside. Scoop the remaining half avocado into a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons sour cream, the juice of the remaining half lime, and the lime zest then mash together with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble tacos: fill the tortillas with the sweet potato filling, avocado slices, avocado-lime crema, and cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
Our entire family loved this recipe and being completely meatless we still didn’t miss out on flavor. It was easy to make and completly family friendly, it’s going to be added to our monthly dinner list that’s for sure!
You can sign up with HelloFresh today and save 40% off with this discount (new customers only; expires 8/31/15). You can use this HelloFresh dicount code – 40OOL
Summer is all about creating memories so why not spend more time enjoying meals with the ones you love. Check out HelloFresh today to get starting with your summer entertaining.
What are some of your family’s favorite simple dinners?