Happy car rides aren’t always this happy and with July being National Vacation Rental Month, this is the time of year when the greatest number of travelers enjoy their time away from home. I will say that as for our girls, they’re plenty happy to get in the car if we’re going on vacation but not every trip is always seamless. It seems there is more problems just trying to get them into the car than being in the car for hours on end.
We love to travel around the Southwest and want to work our way to Yosemite National Park someday. But until then the Western half of the United States has to much to offer and is within driving distance to so many major cities Like Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, no matter where you are there is some awesome to see.
It’s always best to stay prepared and whether you’re driving a hundreds miles away or flying, when it comes to traveling with kids being prepared to expect the unexpected is a must. From dealing with potty issues, to messes, being hungry it can be a job in itself.
5 Simple Tips for Traveling with Kids
- Pack Smart – Have each child pack a light backpack or bag for traveling. This is great for a plane ride or a road trip. An extra outfit, toys, crayons and a few snacks. Their bags are also a great place to store sippy cups or any water bottles to take along.
- Take Your Time – Plan to leave ahead f time if you’re at the airport. Spend more time sight seeing and spend less time dealing with those childhood meltdowns. Toddlers love to roam so take your time to let your children experience your travels. You’ll spend less time dealing with meltdowns come nap time.
- Get Digital – Give your kids their own cameras to document your travels. My husband loves to let our girls record on the video cameras, take the time to pack extra cables and batteries if needed.
- Don’t Forget Medicine – I’m not sure if it’s all the activity or the dense foods we eat while on vacation but someone ends up needed something. Being prepared with extra medicine like pain reliever and band aids is a life saver. Pack small, but pack smart.
- Stay Smart – From extra space, privacy and greater savings to convenient in-home amenities like fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms and multiple bedrooms, a vacation rental is perfect for families who travel.
No matter what you do, the most important is to have the best time of your life! We always make sure to stay somewhere that will just leave us with great memories and a comfortable stay. It’s nice to have an upscale place to stay while your family on any adventure and especially important to us adults for when we want to relax after a day with 3 small kids.
Wyndham Vacation Rentals are a great choice for families because you can get the added bonus of hotel-like amenities at many of their properties. These services include things such as shuttle service, a concierge desk, and housekeeping. It’s the best of both worlds! We can find a vacation rental property almost anywhere we are traveling with a cost saving benefit and space a family like our would need. With 3 kids and that need a lot, having that extra space and amenities are super important.
Wyndham Vacation Rentals is celebrating the vacation rental journey all month long with its Road to Happiness Sweepstakes! Join in on 33 days of giveaways and the chance to win the grand prize: your own road trip getaway. Enter now and learn how to play at Road2HappySweeps.com!
To enjoy your own vacation rental experience, visit WyndhamVacationRentals.com. And find @Wyndham_Rentals on Twitter and Wyndham Vacation Rentals on Facebook.
What are your best tips for traveling with kids?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.