This post was sponsored on behalf of TracFone Wireless and One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
In a competitive job market, it’s important to be prepared so that the interview process goes smoothly. Confidence is everything! This month, TracFone is helping disadvantaged women to build better futures by partnering with Dress For Success. With their Success is Calling™ program, TracFone will donate 20% of handset sales to Dress for Success to help women across the country to gain and learn the skills they need to compete and succeed in the modern workplace. They are also providing women who complete the Success is Calling™ program with a new smartphone and one year of airtime to support them as they prepare to enter the workplace. Having a reliable phone and the skills to handle a phone interview are key ways to show a company you’re the candidate they’ve been looking for.
- Be Professional – You need a LinkedIn account. Make sure it’s fully filled out. Employers these days will be looking online for résumés. You can also find and apply for jobs that are right for you online.
- Clean It Up – Make sure your social media profiles reflect what you would like others to know about you. Being professional also means keeping your online profile as clean as your office attire.
- Dress The Part – Following office attire standards is important. Look up the job and dress the part. Avoid loud and flashy colors and outfits, keep it plain.
- Leave The Gadgets Off Or In The Car – A noisy or buzzing phone can be a huge distraction. And never check your phone during an interview!
- Be On Time – With so many ways to get around, including real-time traffic reports on GPS systems, there is no excuse to be late. If traffic is running slow, you should know. ALWAYS ARRIVE EARLY!
What are your tips to acing a job interview? Chime in on Twitter using the hashtag #SuccessisCalling and you’ll be entered for a chance to talk about career advice over the phone with TracFone partner Vanessa Williams! Rules can be found here.