This post is brought to you by GNC and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.
I am an active and busy mom of three and this year more than ever I’m taking account what I am eating to fuel my body. Out with foods that weigh me down and I’m choosing to eat and drink more of what is going to help my health and fitness goals. This year I plan on running many more half marathons and I know that in order to meet my goals I have to make changes.
One of those things is making sure I eat breakfast before I work out. Also making sure I eat small meals throughout the day. I’m not sure why it took me years to figure it out but I am finally learning that food does affect your body and the more healthy foods the better my body will treat me.
Making sure I have enough protein to not only power my muscles through workouts but so that I also feel full and fuel my body. Plant based proteins are the best way to go and that’s why GNC’s PUREDGE™ Complete Vegan Protein is a great fit for me.
GNC’s first 20g plant-based protein with powerful whole-food-based blends that target vital core body systems with nature’s best ingredients for optimum health and exercise performance. There’s also 10g of aminos from five plant-based sources with no soy, gluten or dairy.
- But because brown rice protein is not a complete or whole protein, it is most commonly paired with pea protein to complete the essential amino acid profile.
- Brown rice protein is a convenient source of protein for vegetarians.
- Hemp protein also has essential fatty acids like omega-3, omega-6 and is low in saturated fat.
- Hemp protein is often higher in fiber compared to other protein powders.
- Hemp protein provides essential amino acids our bodies need for growth and repair of muscles.
- Pea proteins are commonly high in the amino acids lysine and arginine
- Pea protein is a great option for vegetarians and vegans
- Soy protein provides essential amino acids our bodies need for growth and repair of muscles.
- Soy protein contains no cholesterol and very little fat.
- Soy protein is a good option for people who follow a vegetarian diet.
One thing I like to do after a workout is refuel my body. I’m running 5 miles or dancing for an hour straight almost every single day of the week. When I say I am active I really enjoy these things so being active has become a part of my life. There’s nothing like a cool smoothie after a workout that really cools me down.
Vegan Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 2 scoops GNC’s PUREDGE™ Complete Vegan Protein
- 2 Strawberries
- 1 Bana cut up
- 8 ice cubes
- 5 ozs of water
I like to keep things simple so just add everything and blend together until smooth. Enjoy cold!
Discover the power of plant-based proteins for yourself at GNC. Learn more at gnclivewell.com/plantprotein/.