It’s spring which means there are plenty of fruits and vegetables in season. When I think of heart healthy recipes I think about a hearty meal with plenty of fresh vegetables.
I like creating fresh dishes with products like Mazola® cooking oils which are made of 100% pure oil with no additives, so the great flavor of your food comes through. All Mazola® oils are cholesterol free so they are great for sauteing vegetables for your favorite salads.
Some of our favorite foods are inspired by my husband. Having lived over seas for many years we like to explore other flavors. So creating this simple Mediterranean salad was a taste for him.
Mediterranean Salad with Seasonal Vegetables Recipe
- 1 cups Mazola® cooking oil
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 1/4 cup asparagus
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup plain feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup olives
- 2 TSP sumac
- 2 TSP garlic
1. I first started by prepping my vegetables and chopping them. You’ll want to first start by sauteing the asparagus, bell pepper, garlic, oil and sumac. I also added in the olives to break them down a little and make them slightly softer. It just added to the flavor!
2. While I am cooking my vegetables I allow them to just start to sweat and get soft. You don’t want them too cooked and mushy so just let them start to cook.
3. Also be sure to have your pasta ready, anything that you like will do.
4. Creating flavorful salads is easy once you have all of your ingredients easily put together. Simply toss together with the pasta and add your fresh cheeses. The sumac really makes this dish shine so add a little while you are tossing the salad.
5. I like to add fresh herbs like parsley to finish it off. It makes a great spring salad and since it has my seasonal favorite asparagus it’s all full of flavor!
Be sure to check out the other Mazola Recipes for this and other recipe ideas.
A new study shows Mazola Corn Oil lowers cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil. Try it today for sautéing, stir frying and baking. Go to Mazola.com to learn more.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mazola via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mazola.