It’s an new year which means I am one of many people who have rededicated themselves to their health. Whether it be just trying to stress less or if you have fitness goals there’s ways you can better stick to your resolutions this year.
5 Easy Ways To Stick To Your New Years Resolutions:
- Make Specific Goals – The best way to keep a resolution is to set a goal you’d like to accomplish. Be specific, don’t just say you would like to lose weight put a number on it. Then make a plan to start achieving that goal. Want to start going to the gym? Start with one day a week and make it a routine, slowly start to increase the number of days you are there.
- Make It A Priority – Excuses are plentiful but if you don’t really want to go to the gym eventually you will stop going. Try mixing it up and taking a class, or taking a run around your own neighborhood for cardio. If you make it a priority in your life it will happen, no excuses.
- Make Them Realistic – If you set realistic goals you will achieve them. I want to run a half marathon this year, I set that goal because I know a full marathon is not within my reach this year. If you want to save for that family vacation set aside $20 a week if some weeks you only set aside $10 just stay realistic to the goals you are trying to achieve.
- Make A List – Make a list or if you’re a digital mom like myself maybe a Pinterest board with inspiration. Want to go on that big family vacation? Make a list of what you need to do to make it happen, writing down your goals is one of the best ways to organize and better obtain them!
- Give Yourself A Break – We all want to lose a few pounds but indulging every now and again won’t kill you. Don’t allow yourself to feel guilty for having a night of fun, just make it a prority to work every harder at your next workout. Make smart choices like sweeteners like Truvia® natural sweeteners.
A recent survey done by Truvia® brand showed that 59% of people experience small setbacks to eating healthy, such as snacking on junk food or treating themselves to an indulgent meal. That’s why Truvia® natural sweetener is launching The Stay TRU to You Sweepstakes, which aims to give fans a chance to enter to win one of three rewards for sticking to their New Year’s resolutions. From now until Jan. 31, 2014 fans will have the opportunity to take the Stay TRU to You pledge and you will also receive a Truvia® brand coupon in addition to having a chance to win one of the prizes!
To take the Stay TRU to You pledge, visit Facebook.com/Truvia and go to the Stay TRU to You Facebook tab or join the #StayTRU conversation on Twitter at Twitter.com/Truvia.
Truvia® natural sweetener is just one small way that would help you better stick to those New Year’s resolutions. There’s some days that we just want a sweet treat and with so many wonderful recipes you’ll never have to cheat yourself.
Luscious Lime Bars Recipe with Truvía® Baking Blend
- 2⁄3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 2⁄3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1⁄3 cup Truvía® Baking Blend
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup Truvía® Baking Blend
- 1 Tbsp Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 11⁄2 tsp finely grated lime peel
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat shortening and Truvía® Baking Blend in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Press into even layer in bottom of 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Whisk eggs until blended.
- Whisk in Truvía® Baking Blend, flour and lime peel until blended. Whisk in lime juice.
- Pour over cool crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until just set in center. Cool completely on wire rack. For best results, refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Whipped cream, toasted coconut flakes, fresh raspberries, lime twists *Will alter nutritionals
**This bar has 160 calories and 6 grams of sugar per serving compared to 230 calories and 24 grams of sugar per serving in the full-sugar version.
Truvia® natural sweetener is a great tasting, zero-calorie sweetener made with the best tasting part of the stevia leaf. One packet provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar, and is great in coffee, tea, or even your morning grapefruit. The sweetener is available in 40-, 80- and 140-count boxes, and in a spoonable jar. Truvia® Baking Blend blends Truvia® natural sweetener and sugar to provide a sugar-like taste and texture for recipes, with 75% fewer calories than sugar. For more info, check out Truvia.com/recipes or our Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube channels.
“Compensation was provided by Cargill® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cargill®.”
Yum! Some of my favorite flavors all wrapped into one! This sounds really good.
Sarah L says
My goal is to swim three times a week.
So far, so good.
Richard Hicks says
They look great. I dont think I have had a lime bar before but eager to try it now!
WOW! Those look super YUMMY AND good for you. Can’t beat that!
I LOVE Truvia as a sweetener, but haven’t tried their baking blend yet. It’s on my wish list for the next time a baking spree mood hits me.
This looks so good, I love Truvia! I use it on everything. I wish it was sold in a store near me!
Sarah - ITKM says
Yum!! I love anything with a lot of citrus flavor so these will be on my list now to bake!
Starr Greenwell says
These bars look so yummy:) Thank you for sharing.
Tiffany (Fabulous Mom Blog) says
Oh my! Those look really good. I want to bake more. Thanks for the inspiration.