It’s holiday baking season which means there’s so many things to create! This year PEEPS® wants to inspire your Peepsonality and see what you’re creating. This year I decided to express my Peepsonality with a delicious gingerbread cookie recipe and I topped each cookie with an adorable PEEPS® Christmas treat.
Super Soft Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TBSP water
- 8 TBSP of butter
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 TSP of baking soda
- 1/2 TSP of ground allspice
- 1 TSP of ground ginger
- 1 TSP of chili powder
- 1/2 TSP ground cinnamon
- Mix together your molasses and brown sugar. Add your softened butter and the water and mix together until it is smooth.
- Mix together all of your dry ingredients in a bowl and add them to your wet ingredients.
- Once your dough has come together put it inside saran wrap and cool it in the refrigerator for over an hour.
- Place dough on floured surface and roll it out. Cutting your appropriate shapes.
- Preheat oven – 375 degrees
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool and top with chocolate frosting and your favorite PEEPS®
Makes 2 dozen cookies.