This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Truvia® Natural Sweetener . All opinions are 100% mine.
Did you know that:
- Every day, over 40% of Bolivian families struggle to support their children’s most basic food needs.
- Two-thirds of the Bolivian population is below the poverty line
- The majority of the country’s children does not receive the minimum daily caloric intake and are suffering from nutritional deficiencies
- The widespread use of primitive cook stoves resulting in harmful smoke exposure has led to a number of other health issues for families in the community.
- Knowing of the hardships faced by these families, the Truvia® brand has committed to working with the World Food Program USA to help provide Bolivian kids and families with a sweeter future.
Thanks to the Truvia® brand’s “Sharing a Sweet Future” charitable initiative, over 34,705 Bolivian school children have already received more nutritionally-balanced school meals, and Bolivian locals have received 68 fuel efficient stoves, allowing another 3,574 students to eat cooked meals in a safer environment.
The Truvia® team created a video series showcasing the everyday hardships experienced by Bolivian family members. $1 dollar feeds 4 kids.
Now, they are asking consumers to view and share these videos on Facebook or Twitter using #SweetFuture to support the initiative.
To also support thee initiative I created a healthy dessert that I think anyone would enjoy. To make it affordable I used items I already had and since fresh berries aren’t in season I used organic frozen berries.
Mini Oatmeal Berry Pies Recipe
- 1/4 cup Truvia®
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 cups berries
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- pie crust
To create the pie filling I simply combined the ingredients in a bowl.
Then added it to my mini pie dish.
I decided to top the pies with another layer of pie dough. You’ll find this recipe is incredibly easy and yet full of flavor and texture!
Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Be sureShare the Truvia® brand’s video on Facebook to support their Sharing a Sweet Future initiative. $1 feeds 4 kids.andShare the Truvia® brand’s video to support their Sharing a Sweet Future initiative. $1 feeds 4 kids. to help support Truvia® brand’s “Sharing a Sweet Future” charitable initiative and connect on Facebook to learn more.
Tweet and share using the hashtag #SweetFuture
Also Follow Truvia on Twitter
Learn even more about the Truvia® brand’s initiative here