Our family loves pizza and one thing I love to do is create new flavors that really wow them. I believe that food should be fresh and flavorful and that is shown in every meal that I cook. I really wanted to try a pesto sauce pizza and play with some new flavors for my family so with the help of Flatout Fatbread Pizza I created this recipe. I was able to easily find Flatout Fatbread Pizza in front of the deli at my local WalMart store.
Pancetta, Prosciutto, Sundried Tomato & Pesto Grilled Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- Flatout Thing Crust Artisan Pizza Flatbread – Rustic White
- 9 slices of fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 6 slices of cooked pancetta
- 2 slices of cooked prosciutto
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Started first by making your pesto sauce. Add your fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil to a blender/food processor and blend until you have your pesto. Blend until smooth. At the same time heat a pan and cook your pancetta and prosciutto.
- To assemble the pizza simply start with the pesto sauce than add your mozzarella cheese. Then top with sundried tomatoes and your cooked and chopped pancetta and prosciutto.
- Heat your grill to 400 degrees and cook for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
What I love about these flatbread pizzas is how evenly it all cooks. I love that the crust was a little crispy from the grill but still soft enough to easily bite. It held the ingredients well for such a thing crust plus it was so easy to use! We had delicious grilled pizza in only minutes!
You can find Flatout Pizza Flatbreads at your local WalMart today. You can easily find a store near you that carries them on the website.
Check out more easy to make Flatout pizza recipes, the Flatout Flatbread’s Facebook during the 30 Days of Pizzas!!
Flatout Flatbread is also giving away a trip for two to attend the Taste of Chicago July 10-14, 2013. Enter today:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I am a compensated brand ambassador for Flatout Flatbreads – this recipe was created in partnership.
Sarah L says
I’ve never had a grilled pizza before – never thought to try it this way. Thanks.
Janet W. says
We love making our own pizza! This looks delicious!
that looks so yummy! I have been tempted to buy some flatbreads, we love making smaller, healthier pizzas.
I can’t wait to try this!
Bekah Kuczenski says
These look so easy to make and they look so yummy too! I am definitely going to try these 🙂