One of my favorite things to do is create new and fun recipes using ingredients you wouldn’t normally use. Sometimes you just never know what you may come up with. I am so excited to announce that as a new brand partner with Sun Chips I was sent a number of products to experiment with. From making crispy chicken strips for the kiddos I can think of so many fun ways to use Sun Chips into my favorite family dishes including this butternut squash recipe. I make a butternut squash puree which is very easy to make.I think it pairs perfectly with pasta for a cozy fall meal.
- 2 1/2 cups butternut squash puree
- 2 cups of celery
- 1 small onion
- 4 tbsp of butter
- sea salt
- garlic salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sun Chips Harvest Cheddar
I started out with the whole squash, I prefer to buy organic veggies but squash is one of those value veggies. You get a lot for a little! First I peeled the squash which it has a tough skin so it does take some work to do. I then cut it in half and scooped out the inside.
Preheat Oven: 375 degrees
While this is roasting chop your celery and onion.
I then cooked both the onion and celery to soften them in butter. Once they were done I added the 2 1/2 cups squash puree and all of the ingredients to my blender. You can use any appliance you have to blend I just used my blender since I know it will evenly smooth out the ingredients.
For this recipe I roast the butternut squash and onion and celery and blend it all together. I added 1/2 cup of Sun Chips Harvest Cheddar to this mix. It adds a little texture and thickens up this mix a little for a thicker pasta sauce.
Add to cooked pasta and you have a delicious meal!
I made a simple organic pasta and homemade bread to go with it. I also like to use the same chips to bread chicken to have crispy chicken to go with the pasta. My kiddos just love crispy chicken!
Some reasons why we love Sun Chips. With at least 18 grams of whole grains per serving and less salt than you might think, SUNCHIPS® multigrain snacks give you the option to snack better. For example, 1 oz. of SunChips® snacks has less sodium than 1 oz. of microwaveable popcorn. It’s a snack I can feel good about giving to my kiddos.
- SUNCHIPS® multigrain snacks are made with no MSG or artificial flavors or preservatives.
- SUNCHIPS® snacks make a delicious addition to game day festivities, dinner parties, lunch bag snacks and more. They fit perfectly with any occasion.
- SUNCHIPS® multigrain snacks are available in six unique and unexpected flavors, like Garden Salsa, Harvest Cheddar and 6 Grain Medley Parmesan & Herb.
I have one Sun Chips gift pack to give away. It includes some great gifts and also three bags of Sun Chips.
Main Entry: To enter, tell me how else could you use Sun Chips in a recipe or how do you enjoy snacking with Sun Chips.
Extra Entry Methods:
- Like SunChips on Facebook
- follow @SunChips on Twitter
- Join my community.
- BLOG ABOUT IT!!! 5 entries.
- Grab my banner(shoot me an email; I’m willing to exchange banners) 1 entry.
- SUBSCRIBE: (located home page, right hand side) 2 entries.
- 1 extra entry (Follow on Twitter and/orFacebook)
- Tweet once a day for an extra entry.
- Like Our Ordinary Life on Facebook
- Add me on Google+
- You can always leave a comment on any non-giveaway post.
Giveaway ends 11-16-2012
I am a compensated Sun Chips ambassador and long time snacker of deliciousness.