Our garage door has a safety device that will stop it from moving if it senses anything below the door. Have you ever thought about how unsafe having a garage door can be with young children in your home? The International Door Association (IDA), a trade association comprised of more than 2,000 door and access system dealers and installers worldwide. The IDA has come up with a quiz on its website, www.garagedoorcare.com, to test you and your family’s garage door safety smarts. I took this quiz and found out I still need to do some simple things to make sure we stay safe.
Consider “D.O.O.R. Safe,” an acronym to help parents teach young children the do’s and don’ts of garage doors:
- Doors are heavy – never stand, run or play under or near any garage door, especially when the door is open or moving.
- Openers are for adults – never play with the button on the wall that opens and closes the garage door.
- Ouch! – never touch any part of a moving garage door. Your fingers and hands can get hurt!
- Remotes are for adults – never play with the remote control in the car or on Mom and Dad’s keychain.
It’s important that we teach our children to stay safe in and around our garages since they are filled with many dangers. Children should never be allowed to play with the garage door or its operating system. Children should never stand, run or play under or near any garage door, especially when the door is open or moving. Learn more about garage door safety for children.
Check out this video:
We have one $25 Visa Gift card to give away.
Main Entry: To enter, tell me something you learned form taking the quiz.
Extra Entry Methods:
- Join my community.
- BLOG ABOUT IT!!! 5 entries.
- Grab my banner(shoot me an email; I’m willing to exchange banners) 1 entry.
- SUBSCRIBE: (located home page, right hand side) 2 entries.
- Gain an extra entry by tweeting and following me on twitter, becoming a Google follower, and also by sharing this giveaway on Facebook.
- Tweet once a day for an extra entry.
- Like Our Ordinary Life on Facebook
- Add me on Google+
- Remember: List this giveaway on any contest site for 3 entries.
- You can always leave a comment on any non-giveaway post. (1 extra entry per post commented on. just go to home posts are up front, please comment on all new posts and leave your extra entry comment
Giveaway ends 10-20-2012
- Join my community.
Incentives were received for this post.