I stumbled upon some organic pie pumpkins this week so I had to scoop one up. From one pie pumpkin I can get a lot of pumpkin to use in different recipes. It’s so simple to do too, cut the pumpkin in half and scoop it out. Bake at 375 for an hour and a half and the skin just peels off. I throw mine in my stand mixer to puree it and I can get 4 or 5 cups out of one pie pumpkin.
My husband has been asking me to make bread pudding for a while now so I really wanted to add some pumpkin in to the recipe.
The Ingredients for easy to bake Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
- 5 cups of bread
- 1 cup pureed organic pumpkin
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 whole eggs 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 cup raw organic sugar
- 1 cup milk
- I started out by cutting the bread into cubes. I had some large rolls that I used for sloppy joes earlier in the week. I had no use for the bread so it was a great way to use up the bread we didn’t use.
- I started out by mixing all of the ingredients together in one bowl. Besides the bread of course.
- I then melted 1/2 stick of butter and poured it over the bread pieces and mixed it around.After that I poured the entire custard mixture over the bread and mixed it around to coat all of the bread. You don’t want it to become too soggy though.
- After that I put the mix into small dishes. I also made a small pan dish so this does make a generous serving. I also topped with a little brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with brown sugar. Would also be great with a cream sauce but is also just as good just like this.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.com.