If you have a baby, you have probably already discovered that it can be difficult finding a vacation or day trip destination that is completely family-friendly. Parents sometimes arrive at a resort only to find that children arent welcome. A few years ago, many of the best resorts werent into offering family-friendly programs, but today, thankfully, that has all changed. Vying for your hard-earned dollars, many destinations are now offering a multitude of services designed to cater for families with kids of all ages. In view of this, if you have a small baby, dont be afraid to get out and have a good time this summer.
Follow these tips and pieces of advice to make your summer vacation the best ever. Read on to learn about the top five baby friendly summer destinations.
Tips and advice for traveling with baby
The biggest challenge of traveling with a baby isnt the vacation itself; it is planning it and actually getting there. If you have a baby or a toddler, the most useful piece of advice is probably to save the road trip or multi-city tour for when they are a little older. In the meantime, keep these tips in mind:
- Pick a single destination where you dont have to do much traveling once you arrive.
- A family suite, home exchange, or house rental is ideal if you have a lot of baby gear.
- Choose a destination with nearby points of interest.
- Dont plan on keeping a rigid schedule roll with the punches.
Top five summer destinations
So, you’re ready to pack it up and travel with the baby, but where should you go? Here are the top five places all over the world that are incredibly baby-friendly. Consider these five destinations if you want your summer vacation to feel like well, a vacation! And remember, these aren’t listed in any particular order.
- The Lake District, UK. If you want to experience the UK this summer, the Lake District is an ideal place for families. Choose between a huge selection of family-friendly hotels and B&Bs or rent a house near one of the many beautiful lakes. Have fun in the great outdoors, visit the world of Beatrix Potter, and enjoy plenty of water fun. Augill Castle is a great destination for families with a baby and young kids.
- Las Vegas, Nevada. Believe it or not, but Sin City is actually great for families. There is a wide variety of stimulating activities and adventures on hand. Visit the Hoover Dam, the Shark Reef Aquarium, or take the kids to a show. Many of the best hotels on the Strip actually have plenty of family-friendly services, such as Caesars Palace and Mandalay Bay.
- Clearwater Beach, Florida. When you think of Florida, you might consider Miami or Orlando, but don’t rule out Clearwater Beach. Located on the west coast of the Sunshine State, there is plenty of beach fun for kids of all ages. Consider the Sandpearl Resort if you have a baby or toddler; its small enough to navigate but has plenty of onsite options for eating and entertainment.
- Catalina Island, California. Catalina Island, just off California’s southern coast near Los Angeles is a wonderful place to soak up the sun and relax. Enjoy hiking, camping, water sports, and plenty of other fun activities. There are a number of Catalina Island hotels that offer family friendly services and specials.
- Catskills Mountains, New York. Just about 100 miles outside of New York City, the Catskills Mountains have been dubbed America’s first vacation land. If you love the great outdoors, the Catskills are where it’s at! Enjoy spending your time just relaxing or taking a real mountain adventure.
This is a partnered guest post.