I can hardly believe that my baby is now two weeks old, it seems as if time goes by so slow yet when you blink another week has passed.
My Two Week Old Baby:
- She’s nursing regularly and now weighs 8 pounds 6 ounces.
- She has also grown almost a whole inch and is now 20 inches and 3/4 long.
- Her pediatrician put her on her tummy and saw Mia start to lift her head and look around. She told me “breastfed babies do amazing things and Mia is no different”. She encouraged us to give her tummy time each day.
- Mia is looking around and will turn her head when she hears a voice she recognizes. She will also lift her head off the ground and attempt to look around even if it’s just for a few moments.
- She sleeps most of the day and throughout the night. She slept in her crib half the night until I couldn’t stand being away from her. I’m not ready for her to be in her crib yet.
- She still like her paci. and got her very first bottle while I was running errands. Del let both the girls feed her and they all seemed to enjoy it.
Two Weeks Postpartum:
- Sleeping – My husband is such a light sleeper and Mia often makes noise at night. Especially while nursing so this week I woke up to him pulling her off of my breast. He enjoys co-sleeping but has found he’s having a hard time with worrying about her in our bed.
- Physically – I’m still having pain from the nerve damage from my epidural. It is getting better so the hope is this is not permanent. I go back to the doctor next week to check up on my progress with healing.
- Breastfeeding – Is going really well she eats like a champ although I have to wake her up to eat sometimes. I’m still pumping every day and average 6 ozs of extra milk a day. I hope I can keep this up although my freezer is quickly becoming full.
- The Girls – I caught Kaila and few times moving her and trying to carry her around. I know she’s strong enough but I worry that she may be a little too confidant when to comes to handling Mia.
This week was exciting and rather boring. We celebrated Brooklin’s 3rd birthday with a big party. It rained the majority of the week but the sunshine came out today so we all went to Oaks Park with some friends and their kiddo. Mia rode in Del’s arms on the carousel, their youngest rider of the year!Â Yesterday we went on our very first hike of the year and enjoyed the shady paths with the girls. Mia slept the entire time but was fine with it either way. Overall it was a really great week as each day passes we can see Mia growing and changing more and more.