Three weeks old, THREE! We’re finally starting to get to know Mia and she’s finally starting to explore her world too. The past 3 weeks have been pure bliss and I can’t wait to tell you more about what is happening in her little world.
My 3 Week Old Baby:
- She’s still eating like a champ and gaining weight. Her diapers tell it all….I change one, she poops. I change it again, she poops. It’s like a never ending cycle until diaper number 5! It’s even an ongoing joke now, a guessing game of sorts. How many diapers this time honey?
- She looks around and can focus on your face. She’ll even turn her head if she hears you talking behind her.
- She has found her hands and we observed her staring at them for quite some time one day. I even snapped a few pictures!
- Her loves tummy time and can lift and hold her head up for a minute or two.
- She sleeps most of the night and wakes for one or two feedings.
- She does NOT like a dirty diaper.
Three Weeks Postpartum:
- Sleeping- I’m getting plenty. No complaints.
- I can exercise! I cried tears of joy as I stepped on the treadmill and started walking. For the first time in 6 months I don’t feel like my body got hit by a car. Sweet signs of relief.
- Nerve damage from epidural: I have some nerve damage from my epidural but it is getting better which is a good sign. It just seems as if a nerve got hit and it will take some time to heal. I’m doing better though, much better! The pain is subsiding and I finally feel normal again.
- The Girls – Brooklin is now breastfeeding her babies and trying to baby wear. Its the cutest thing and makes my heart so happy. Both girls love being big sisters!
This past week we’ve done so much. We had our first family trip to Oaks Park, a local amusement park. Mia happily slept in her car seat/ stroller while the family all enjoyed riding rides. We also all went to the pool which was a lot of fun. It still isn’t too warm so Mia just loved the super warm day. Brooklin plays with her baby constantly, she has it do everything that Mia does.
Pictures From This Week: