My sister texted me this afternoon and asked what I was doing. I simply replied “oh nothing, making my own crackers.” I love knowing exactly what is in my food, I also love crackers, breads and pasta. I’ve always wanted to make my own crackers so I set out to find a great recipe on how to do it. These crackers are so simple and have 4 simple ingredients.
Of course first I had to actually go to the store for a can of coke so I could make my own mini cookie cutters.I used tape to hold my little cookie cutters together.
- 8 ounces, weightÂ Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 4 TablespoonsÂ Butter, Cut Into Cubes
- 1 cupÂ Flour
- Â¾ teaspoonsÂ Salt
- 2 TablespoonsÂ Cold Water
After you’ve added all of your ingredients into your food processor. I used my appliance that is like a food professor. You pulse until the ingredients come together, then you add the water. After it’s all come together you will want to cover it and put it in the fridge for a half an hour.
- 8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 4 Tablespoons organic Butter, Cut Into Cubes
- 1 cup organic Flour
- Â¾ teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water (you may need a little more)
- Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.
- Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.
- Makes approximately 7 dozen crackers.
Thanks to Tasty Kitchen for the recipe.