I asked my husband last week how on earth the past 7 years went by so fast. I remember the 19 year old girl I was when we first met and holding his hand as we brought our first child into this world. It all feels like yesterday, sweet memories that I can strum up with only a thought. I can still feel and smell all of those first moments from the past 7 years. I can feel how warm Brooklin was as the doctor paid her on my chest for the first time, or the way my husbands eyes lit up as we said “I do.” His eyes so sincere just like his heart.
As I look back on my life every year I see myself growing into the woman I will become. Today I turn 27 years old and I am so thankful for the past 27 years. For all of the pain that was my childhood and all of the joy that is my adulthood. For the family I have created and the loving husband who stands beside me as we do this together.
In the past year I have:
- Watched my children grow another year older.
- Hiked Yosemite, St. Helens, and Mt. Hood.
- Ran an average of 110 miles a month.
- Visited places I never thought I’d be.
- Met celebrities.
- Walked the red carpet at a movie premiere.
- Got my teeth fixed.
- Moved into a new home and bought a new car.
- Finally trademarked my brand.
- Grew my brand and had an even more successful year than expected professionally.
- Laughed until I cried and danced in the rain. Kissed more and hugged tighter.
- Created a new life.
- Watched Kaila with pride as she overcame her biggest difficulty, she taught me that I can still do anything I set my mind to.
Pictures from the year: