I am the type of cook who burns anything that takes any major stove time so I’ve never attempted fudge. This year I want to make some sweet treats for our family and come to think of it they sort of expect that I will. I like to, so making fudge was just another way to add some fun to my sweet treats.
|Chocolate Walnut Fudge Recipe||
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 10 large marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Butter an 8×8 inch dish.
- Place butter, chocolate chips and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, milk and marshmallows. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and cook 6 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over contents of mixing bowl. Beat entire mixture until it thickens and loses its gloss. Quickly fold in nuts and pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate several hours until firm.