I am constantly trying to instill healthy habits in my children and that starts form the moment we wake up. One of the biggest things parents can teach their children no matter the age is healthy hygiene. Keeping those little chompers healthy young in life will give your children the tools to make healthy choices.
Keep those chompers healthy!
- Brush your teeth together as a family! Itâ€™s much easier to keep everyone brushing if everyone does it together, it also allows me to give my toddler time to brush her own teeth.
- Give them some independence! My oldest is now six and while we still check her teeth we always allowed her to brush her own teeth. We do the same with our toddler and then we brush for her after sheâ€™s done.Â Doing this gives them practice too!
- Mouthwash for older children!
- Get a great mouthwash for kids! My oldest is finally able to use mouthwash and she can even do it by herself. Itâ€™s good for her teeth and sheâ€™s feeling confidant enough to do it on her own. Listerine Smart-Rinse for kids is awesome, plus it has Phineas & Ferb!!
- Routine! Brush at the same times every day.
- For Toddlers! Get a good tooth paste and brush for toddlers, we personally love the Winnie The Pooh versions. Allow your toddler to brush their dolls teeth, and then allow them to brush their own during family brush time. We LOVE Oral-B Stages toothbrushes and paste which are specially designed to address childrenâ€™s needs at every stage of oral care development. And the colorful Cars and Princess inspired products mean kids are sure to experience a brush with magic!
Listerine Smart Rinse is my perfect parent pick! This â€œPhineas & Ferbâ€-themed mouthwash includes an added kick for kids by tinting food particles and bacteria, leaving proof in the sink of a cleaner mouth. Hello, helpful cleaning!!
I believe that creating healthy habits early in life provides the foundations for livelong healthy choices. Did you know that vitamin d is essential for healthy teeth? I love adding vitamin d to breakfast by serving our favorite yogurt. Featuring my kids favorite characters Yoplait yogurt gives my kiddos plenty to smile about.
As a parent I can feel good about instilling early healthy habits with my kids. Halloween is just around the corner and that means candy! How do you get your family to take care of their teeth after snacking on treats?
I am a compensated Disney brand ambassador but this is my real life. Disney is just as passionate about living a healthy lifestyle as I am. All opinions and children are creations of my own.