Hear ye, hear ye, calling builders of all ages! Join Portland Children’s Museum as we open our new traveling exhibit,Â LEGOÂ® Castle Adventure. In this exhibit children and their families are transported to a LEGOÂ® kingdom where they will:
- Build their own creations using one of the greatest building materials of all time – LEGOÂ® bricks
- Visit the royal castle and see their majesties’ throne, the king’s treasure room and dungeon
- Dress up in child-sized, medieval-themed costumes
- Test out their knight skills on a safe “jousting field” with suspender-style horses with foam-rubber lances and soft targets
- Build a virtual castle wall using a 3-D computer program and test the fortress’ strength against a real-world catapult; using trial-and-error, discover the best method for constructing walls able to withstand siege
- Visit the dragon’s cave and create a fantastical story about knights, kings, princesses and dragon
So come to Portland Children’s Museum* (4015 SW Canyon Rd) October 1, 2011-January 29, 2012 to experience the majestic fun of LEGOÂ® Castle Adventure.