There’s nothing batter than a good oatmeal cookie and after trying several recipes I finally found the right recipe. The kind of oatmeal cookie that is soft and just sweet enough. I never did thank GotChocolate.com when I won their giveaway for the BON APPETIT DESSERTS COOKBOOK but here it is! It’s 700 pages of sweet desserts and by far is my favorite new cookbook.
I use organic ingredients but kept the recipe the same. If you like oatmeal with some spice you could easily add a little cinnamon and nutmeg to your liking.
What you will need:
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose organic flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted organic butter at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup organic raisins
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to beat brown sugar and butter together.
- Make sure it is well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix flour mixture, then add oats and raisins.
- Bake: 7 minutes then flip and cook for another 7. Perfect oatmeal cookies.
I love to make cookies and save some. Make a log and wrap it in whatever wrap you have and it’ll be good in the fridge. Make your kids a fresh baked treat for desert during the week.