I am a compensated brand ambassador for J. M. Smucker, all opinions are my own.
It’s time to get the kiddos up early again and get back to school and even though my girls started back to school this week our mornings are already off to a great start!
- Be prepared! I like to make mornings easy by having my girls prepared the night before. Have them set up clothes the night before so there isn’t any confusion in the morning.
- Getting Kids Up! Stagger the times in which your children wake up so your oldest can get into the bathroom first. This lessens the morning routine drama that can happen when your little ones are getting ready for the day.
- Responsibility! Kids love taking responsibility to establish a routine and allow your children to take control of that routine. Brushing their teeth and getting ready in the morning is something they can do, so step back and give them some responsibility. This has gotten so much easy the older my children get!
- Stay Organized! Designate an area in your home for backpacks and shoes, make them easy to find and get on their way out the door.
- Grab & Go! That cliche movie where the family grabs lunch bags and heads out the door. It really works! Keep water bottles and lunches ready to go so on those mornings you are rushing you can just grab and get going! Plan breakfast ahead and keep it easy, know that some morning you may also have to grab breakfast and go too!
Our mornings can be so busy that’s why I like to enjoy a cup of coffee before my girls wake up. It’s a simple time before the rush of the morning that my husband and I can also come together. Mornings can often be busy but I like to keep it fun and be prepared ahead of time.
Some of our favorite coffees include the new Millstone® Mayan Black Onyx™ and Millstone® House Blend™. By far the Millstone® Mayan Black Onyx™ coffee is our favorite, it’s organic and fair trade so I can feel good about the coffee I am drinking. It’s deep in flavor yet incredibly smooth, it’s the best way to wake up in the morning and pairs perfectly with one of my kiddos favorite morning treats, donuts!
Pumpkin Bacon Mini Donut Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 lb bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp water
Start first by combining your dry ingredients and whisking for a minute so the baking powder can disperse throughout. Next combine the eggs, milk, sugar, butter, milk, pumpkin and the vanilla in a separate larger bowl.
Pre-Heat Oven – 425 degrees
Simply add in your dry ingredients and combine the two. I used a mini donuts pan and put the donut batter into a piping bag. You will want to be sure that your pans are well greased.
Next bake for 6 minutes. You will want the donuts to be light and spring back to the touch. Allow the donuts to cool on a wire rack.
I decided to go all out into my favorite things. I recently made some peanut butter and bacon cookies so inspired by those I created the frosting. A basic royal frosting or glaze frosting with a little added peanut butter. It’s such a simple and yet complex flavor combination and pairs well with the salty cooked bacon on top.
Another piping bag for the frosting and the mini donuts were easy to frost.
Simply dip the frosted donuts in bacon pieces and put them back on the rack to firm.
These mini donuts are a tasty little breakfast treat that has everything you need to get your morning started right. A filling pumpkin and peanut butter with everyone’s favorite, bacon it’s the ultimate breakfast rolled into one bite sized donut!
Make sure you grand your cup of new Millstone® Mayan Black Onyx™ and Millstone® House Blend™ coffees! Also be sure to stay connected for other new products and exciting new with Millstone on Facebook.
How do you ensure your morning goes smoothly?
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.