It’s game day and we’re cooking up some fun game day recipes with Hormel Foods. This year we’re rooting for our favorite team and cooking up a BBQ so potato salad is the perfect addition to our game day!
- 1/4 cup Hormel® Real Bacon Pieces
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 TBSP chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 cup chopped and cooked potatoes
I start first by combining the bacon, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese in the stand mixer and blend until smooth.
Once you add the potato it’s good to go!
Whether you are cheering for your favorite team or you’re just in it for the great commercials, watching the last NFL game of the year is a well-loved tradition for many households.
The following are just a few ideas to help kick any gathering into a celebration:
- Chili Appetizer Squares – Football and chili go hand-in-hand; it’s the perfect game-day snack. This recipe puts a spin on the classic dish that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Empanaditas – This sweet and savory finger food will be a hit regardless of which team your guests are rooting for!
- Pepperoni Rumaki – Spice up your game-day eats with this easy yet impressive appetizer, ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Potato Skins – Our take on this classic features Hormel® Real Bacon Pieces.
What is your favorite game day dish? Does your family have any traditions for watching the game? Who do you think will win this year?
You can also check out Hormel.com and the Hormel Pinterest and Facebook pages for more information and recipe ideas.
“I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Blogger Program and this post is part of my involvement in the Group. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiment in OurOrdinaryLife.com are my own.”