This post brought to you by Zubie. All opinions are 100% mine.
It is pretty safe to assume that most people these days rely on a vehicle of some kind. Living in a suburban area we rely on our car for so much. We need it to do carpool for school, to get the groceries, to take care of errands, and for those visits to the beach or Disneyland or Knott’s Berry Farm. No matter what living in Southern California there is a lot of driving from Hollywood to Sandiego and inland. A lot comprises of long hills and high speeds and of course HEAT!
So its super important we make sure our car runs in its peak shape and is reliable for any need anytime. With a full family and so much to do, it’s important our car will always work and never be a problem or leave us stranded on a freeway. Even with a car warranty, the time and possible costs of towing far outweigh being on top of problems before they get worse.
This is where Zubie comes in. This new little device is the perfect thing for anyone and a great idea for a holiday gift for those car lovers and tech heads. This little device is great for families, friends and anyone who relies on their car plus love keeping up on the newest tech trends.
Zubie helps to monitor cars vitals so-to-say and diagnose different repair problems by keep a check on if different systems are functioning properly.
Zubie plugs into the Onboard Diagnostic Port (also reffered to as OBD and OBD II) port of any vehicle 1996 and above. It’s about the size of a matchbox and works with a Smartphone app to read the device. Anyone who understands cars will tell you the OBD port is how any car computer device talks to a car, from authorized repair shops, to smog stations and simple code readers. But this puts the output into your iPhone and Android.
Here are some of Zubie’s features:
• Family Safety: Keep track with real-time location tracking and setup alerts to see when the vehicle arrives at a specific location like home, work or school.
• Problem alerts: Alerts for problems before they start like a Check Engine light or soon to expire battery.
• Safe Driving: There is a safe driving feature to check for safe driving behaviors and habits great for new drivers.
• Trip Coordination: Lets you plan trips and share locations to make going out or carpools easy to manage.
The Zubie Key is compatible with most vehicles and as mentioned they have to be of model year 1996 or later.
Zubie helps to make understand what’s going on under the hood a little easier. Access and interpretion helps to lead to savings on maintenance by reducing over wear.
Some other information that is provided includes:
• Engine Problems: Check engine lights (or MILs) codes reported by your engine are super simple to understand and find out what they are going off for.
• Dead Battery: Keeping an eye on battery levels will save money by not getting left stranded.
• Repair Cost & Insight: By knowing the problems Zubie will help out by providing an estimate of likely repair costs before you go to the repair shop.
• Driving Behavior: Track driving habits to improve fuel mileage.
• & MORE.
Here is a special Holiday Deal for those gift givers. If you order today and use code SAVE20DEC and SAVE 20% on your Zubie Key plus one year of service. This offer is valid to the end of January 31, 2013 (Shipping charges apply.)
We will be getting a Zubie Key to give a go so it will be nice to see what’s going on since I do keep up on my own maintenance. Check out our future posts on the Zubie Key soon to come!